Chapter 64:

:D Back to Theo's Pov

-------------------------------------------------------

Waking early that morning, I was reluctant to open my eyes, Let alone move.

Something soft and heavy resting over me, Providing a comforting weight and warmth.

 Blinking the sleep from my eyes, I looked around, Briefly confused about the weight that was settled over me.

Oh. . .

Aldo had draped one of his wings over both Jude and I, More or less protecting us while we slept.

My heart jumped slightly at that, A mix of happy and anxious.

He's being nice. . .Unknowingly so but still. . .

However this was also inconvenient for me seeing as now it would be much harder for me to slip out of the bedroom unnoticed.

At the moment, My wings felt rather cramped as I was unused to sleeping in a bed.

Usually I'd sleep in a nest in my first form, As is typical to do in my home tribe.

Apparently though, This tribe doesn't do that. . .

Slowly, Carefully, I lifted his wing up off of me, Doing my best to not wake him the entire time.

He started to stir slightly before falling back to sleep.

I was frozen in place, Barely breathing. . .And feeling like an idiot the entire time.

I shouldn't be frozen like a frightened rabbit, He hasn't been even remotely aggressive to me since the first day he captured me.

Slowly, I climbed out of bed, Doing my best to be quiet as I made my way to the bedroom door.

My entire body felt stiff and slightly sore as I made my way out of the bedroom and through the still fairly empty halls.

I murmured greetings to those I passed, Earning smiles of varied morning confusion in return.

As soon as I got outside, I shifted into my first form, Spreading my wings out as far as they could reach before taking flight.

The skies were stained with the vibrant colors of sunrise, Red, Orange, Pink and purple. 

Fluffy clouds reflecting the colors as they floated about in the sky.

It was relaxing, A few of the other citizens of the city below were also getting a morning flight in, Either in their first or second forms, Exercising, Going about their work or just enjoying the morning.

I chirped out greetings to those that I passed, Many of them chirping back, Friendly and happy.

A few parents and or older siblings were slowly gliding about near the roofs of the buildings, Teaching their children and or younger siblings how to fly before they had to go about their morning business.

It was sweet. . .Reminding me a bit of my home tribe.

I always loved to go on early morning flights with my dad around our village, Greeting our neighbors and family friends who were up as we did so.

Mom never really was a morning person, But by the time we'd get home she and my little sister would be up.

We would spend the morning cooking together before dad and mom would go off to work and I'd drop my sister off at the tribe's nursery before joining my fellow group of unranked members, Going about trying to find where we fit in.

My heart hurt a bit at the memory, A small sigh leaving me.

Things change as we grow older. . .What we look like. . .What we like. . .Where we live. . .It's a part of life

Slowly, I glided back to the palace, Landing just in front of it, Right as one of the doors swung open, Revealing a worried Sophia.

''Theo? Oh thank the stars, I thought for a moment there that you left'' She sighed out, Sounding relieved as I shifted back into my second form.

I hurriedly put back on my clothes from before which I had been carrying about in a small leather pouch as I flew.

Sophia was nice enough to cover her eyes, Giving me a bit of privacy.

''I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry anyone, I just needed to stretch my wings a bit'' I apologized, Earning a small smile from her.

''No need to apologize, I'm just glad you're staying, Come, Breakfast is ready'' Sophia urged, Gently ushering me inside as she spoke calmly and quickly.

I blinked, Still a bit in a morning haze as the much more awake woman led me to the main eating hall where much of the palace staff were sitting and eating breakfast together.

A few of my friends from the kitchen staff waved at me as soon as they saw me, Gesturing for me to join them.

I was about to ask Sophia if that was okay before I realized, She had already left.

Okay then. . .

With a small smile, I joined my un-official friends from the kitchen staff.

We chatted for a little while before our conversation was interrupted by a hand being gently rested on top of my head.

I jumped slightly before looking up.

Jude was standing over me, A hesitant smile on his face.

''Why're you sitting all the way over here?'' He questioned quietly, Leaning down to calmly speak in my ear.

I blinked a few times, Confused and a little worried.

Did I do something wrong?

''Was I not supposed to sit here?'' I questioned, Equally quiet.

My friends had quieted down as well, Pretending to keep talking despite clearly listening in.

I had learned that the kitchen staff loved to talk about potential or confirmed romances in the palace.

''You can if you want, But I would enjoy your company over at the main table'' Jude murmured, Gesturing towards a table near the far back of the hall.

The Head's council sat around tables near the one Jude gestured towards.

Said table had intricate carvings on it, Large helpings of all types of food laid out across it and a few large chairs sitting around it. . .Every other table had benches.

Oh. . .So that's where Aldo sits. . .

Turning to my unofficial friends, I was about to ask if they would mind me joining Aldo and Jude, Only to be greeted by knowing grins from them.

''Have fun!'' One of them called out, Making my face flush.

''S-Sure! I'd love to join you'' I murmured, Stumbling to my feet, Following Jude to the back of the large room.

He wants me with him?

------------------------------------------------------

:) Smexy time on it's way?

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen