Chapter 52: Issues

Quinn is here :D

-------------------------------------------------------

The entire hall fell silent as the nineteen people stepped inside, The massive doors closing behind them.

You could hear a feather fall with the sheer oppressive silence before one of the smaller members of the party cleared his throat.

''Introducing the great head of the tribe of Conn! Quinn Conn! And his Council!'' The man declared loudly before shutting up and moving to stand behind one of the woman, His head ducked slightly. 

''Greetings Quinn Conn'' Aldo called out after a second, His back stiff as he removed his wing from over mine, Taking a few steps towards the group who have now stopped in their tracks at the far end of the hall.

I moved to follow him only to be instantly stopped by both Jude and Sophia placing their hands on me.

''Theo, Theo no, Not even the council will approach each other yet, The leaders speak first, Alone, Then either a fight breaks out or peaceful talks ensue between everyone.'' Sophia hissed out quietly, Clearly alarmed by my slip up.

''We can join him if Aldo approves, But until then we have to remain where he left us last'' Jude continued for her, His raspy voice sounding strained as he blatantly refused to look in the direction of the two taller men.

Did something happen between Aldo and him?

Before the two men were close enough to scent each other, The new arrival, Quinn, Started saying something to our grey winged man, Gesturing towards a steadily paling Jude as he spoke.

Whatever he was saying seemed to be interesting Aldo, Slight amusement in his expression as he listened.

Then Quinn took a step closer, And Aldo's slight smile fell.

The other man didn't seem bothered by whatever had made Aldo's smile fall, Continuing to talk all the while.

Risking a glance over at Jude made my attention shift very quickly.

He looked dangerously pale, The faint smell of cardamom that was a main part of his scent had taken on a burnt edge to it.

''Jude? What's the matter?'' I asked quietly, Leaning slightly into his touch to catch his attention.

He hesitated, His gaze trained on the two men before he let out a huffed, Bitter laugh.

''Hell, You're going to find out anyways. . .That man. . .Quinn. He's another mate'' Jude muttered, His tone filled with forced calm.

He sounded like he was on the verge of whining. . .Or straight up sobbing.

What in the world has this Quinn done to him?

Suddenly, A faint gasp broke the silence in the hall.

That drew everyone's attentions back to the two heads, Who were now standing chest to chest, Scenting each other.

''Oh fuck, Oh no. . .'' Sophia whispered quietly, Horror evident in her voice.

''W-What? What's wrong?'' I asked her, Her scent also going bitter all of a sudden, Just like Jude's.

She leaned in closer, Her voice dropping even more.

''They're both heads. . .That means they won't have a hunt to decide who will claim the other tribe's head and tribe. . .They'll have a fight.'' Sophia explained quietly, Panic in her voice.

''So? Aldo can take him I think. . .He's tough and strong'' I muttered, Feeling the urge to defend Aldo despite not needing to at all.

''That's the thing, He just finished hunting me last night, He's still wounded from that hunt and no doubt tired. . .He'll have to fight Quinn tonight. . .Quinn's got the upper claw and he never fights fair'' Jude explained sorrowfully.

The expression on his face was the one you'd expect to see on the face of someone who never expected something good to last and was proven correct.

My heart clenched slightly.

I should be fine seeing as I escaped my hunt. . .But Aldo? If this Quinn guy is as bad as Jude seems to know him to be. . .I don't want him getting hurt. . .Or mistreated. . .Oh and same with Jude.

Slowly, Aldo and Quinn stepped away from each other before turning and walking back to the spots they were at before they approached each other.

While Aldo's back was turned, Quinn sent Jude a look that made Jude's wings start to tremble slightly, His scent revoltingly bitter out of fear.

A strained smile formed on his face as Aldo approached him, Resting his hands on the shorter man's shoulders.

Nervously, I ruffled my wings.

Noticing Quinn was looking in our direction again and Aldo was preoccupied with Jude, I decided to let the other Head know what I think of him so far.

Narrowing my eyes, I glared at him before briefly flipping him off.

Sophia let out a surprised gasp before moving to usher me out of the hall, Muttering some excuse to Aldo and Jude as she dragged me out of the hall, Her voice strained.

''Theo. . .You can't do that, You're gonna start a war'' Sophia hissed out quietly, A slight laugh in her voice.

''Although his expression to your actions was funny'' Sophia muttered as I frowned.

''But why? Why would it start a war when either way one of them is sadly going to lose their role and be claimed by the other'' I pointed out, Frowning slightly.

This didn't make sense, Surely neither of them are petty enough to go to war with themselves after one of them wins this mating fight.

 ''I don't know. . .Not really sure I want to know either'' She muttered before the door that led into the large hall swung open, The group of nineteen emerging, Being led towards the guest rooms by Sophia's twin, Sophie.

We both fell silent before suddenly, The Icy blue eyed Head made his way over to me.

He was holding his head high, A mix between a frown and a sneer on his face.

Sophia had ducked her head, Refusing to meet the other man's eyes.

I didn't have the same hesitance as her, So instead, I made direct eye contact with the tannish brown haired man, My eyes narrowed in a glare.

If he was going to be mean to my- To Aldo and Jude, Then I'd very well be mean right back to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------- 

Late chapter. . . :)

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen