Chapter 69: Warmth

Back to Theo's Pov!

----------------------------------------------------------

Waking up that morning, I was a bit surprised to find feathers pressed into my face.

Squirming about, I freed myself from the loving, If not a bit bruising embrace of Aldo.

Taking in the bedroom around me, I noticed Jude sleeping on the other side of Aldo, Something red matted into his feathers.

I started to crane my neck a bit to get a better look only to stop and grimace slightly at the slight pulling, Stinging sensation I felt.

What the-. . .Oh right. . .He bit me. . .

I reached my hand up, Carefully and almost reverently tracing my fingers over the slightly bumpy scab that had formed over my mating bite.

So it wasn't some weird dream. . .

Glancing down at Aldo, I felt an interesting surge of pride to see the matching one on his neck.

We really bit each other. . .

Slowly, I laid back down next to him.

His scent was so much fainter now that he had bit me, It was at a point that I didn't think I'd go crazy if stuck in a room with him without my scent suppressing herbs.

Guess I don't have to wear them anymore. . .That'll be nice. . .They're a pain to make. . .

Scooching forwards a bit, I nuzzled against Aldo's neck, Seeking out his scent.

Still minty and cool, Refreshing, Like opening a window to let fresh morning air into a stuffy den.

He slowly started to stir slightly, Waking up, Much to my embarrassment.

I hadn't meant to wake him, I just wanted to scent him.

Slowly, Yellow eyes cracked open, Locking with my own.

''Hey sweetie'' He mumbled out, His voice rough and deep with sleep.

''Hey Yellow'' I mumbled back, Earning a confused and fond look from the man.

''Yellow? What's that about?'' He questioned, Slowly moving a hand up to scrub at his eyes, Yawning while doing so.

''Well. . .You keep using your nickname for me. . .Figured I'd use mine for you'' I murmured, Earning a quiet snort from the man, An easy grin forming on his face.

''Yellow eh? Guess it's not the worst thing I've been called'' He murmured, Sounding amused with this whole situation as he draped an arm over the upper half of his face, Blocking out the light.

His moving allowed me to see the bite mark on his neck more clearly.

As if in a trance, I found myself reaching out, Gently tracing my fingers over the scabbed over area.

''What 'cha doing Sweetie?'' Aldo questioned at that, Moving his arm off his face so he could look at me.

''Just. . .We actually bonded. . .'' I murmured, Slowly moving my hand back, Tucking it under my chin as I proceeded to lay down on my belly.

''And I for one couldn't be happier'' Aldo whispered back, His voice full of assurance, Drawing a small smile out of me.

''What does. . .What does this mean now?'' I asked, Closing my eyes as he started to gently run his fingers through my hair.

''What do you mean what does it mean?'' He asked, Drawing a sigh from me.

''I mean. . .What do we do now?. . .Is there like a code or something mates have to follow once they bond?'' I questioned, Reaching my hand up to catch his, Gently removing it from my hair.

He hummed quietly before shrugging.

''Pretty sure the only code is, Don't kill me and I won't kill you, Anything beyond that is up to the couple or whatever kind of dynamic it is someone has'' He mused, Interlacing his fingers with mine.

''So. . .It's up to the three of us then?'' I asked, Moving closer to Aldo again.

His unoccupied hand drifted up to the nape of my neck, Gently resting over it in a somewhat comforting way.

''Yup, Why, Something the matter?'' He asked, Leaning forwards to mouth gently at my throat, Making me blush.

''N-No. . .I just don't wanna mess up, Ruin a tradition or something'' I explained, My voice hitching multiple times as he continued to mark up my throat.

''I don't give a damn about what some long since dead people think we should be doing behind closed doors'' Aldo stated firmly, Finishing up his statement by gently nibbling slightly at my jaw, Making me squirm.

''If they have a problem with it they can damn well dig their lazy asses out of the ground and come tell me to my face'' He continued, Making me huff out a quiet laugh.

''You're so silly'' I whispered, Resting my forehead against his.

He made a quiet shushing sound, Fighting a grin as he did so.

''Don't go telling anyone that, I'm trying to keep up this badass tough guy act'' He stage whispered, Making me grin even wider.

I just shook my head slightly before my gaze landed on his lips.

. . .I. . .Guess it wouldn't hurt. . .

Leaning forwards without warning, I pressed my lips to his, Making him pause slightly.

 Just as I was about to pull back, Second guessing myself, He proceeded to move both his hands to the back of my head, Gently threading them through my hair before grabbing on tightly, Drawing a gasp from me.

That was all he needed as he instantly proceeded to gently stick his tongue into my mouth, His hands cupping at the back of my head.

A small quiet moan left me as he thoroughly mapped out the insides of my mouth, His grip on my hair tightening to the point tears started to form in my eyes.

And just like that, He pulled away, Leaving me catching my breath as my face burned red.

He just grinned, A fond look in his eyes.

''Why don't you stay here with Jude, I have some things to attend to, Then I'll be right back'' He murmured quietly to me, Moving to speak directly in my ear.

I shivered slightly as the jerk made sure to trail his fingers over the fresh making mark that adorned my neck as he spoke.

All I could do was nod my head weakly, My brain struggling to comprehend that kiss, Let alone the words he just said.

He gave me a grin before giving me a quick, Chaste kiss on the lips, Getting out of bed mere moments later, Leaving me alone with a still sleeping Jude.

Okay then. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a bit of fluff :) Ya'll know what that means. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen