Chapter 88: Reacquainting

Fluff chapter :) Chaos will soon return, don't worry!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sunlight streamed into the little room Jude and I were tangled up in.

The two of us had fallen asleep partly cuddling each other, our daughter resting right between us. . .

Right around now though, the 'partly cuddling' was out the window.

Our legs were tangled with each others, one of my arms wrapped around my daughter and my other one buried in my mate's wing which was protectively covering me, the blankets long since tossed from the bed.

My head was tucked up under his chin, our daughter tightly pressed against both of us as we had apparently attempted to close any distance between the two of us as we slept.

Yawning into my hand, I arched my back as I stretched out, a soft groan leaving me as my muscles relaxed, my movement causing my mate to wake up as well.

I buried my face against his neck again as he nuzzled his face down against my head, pressing a kiss to my. . .A bit overgrown hair.

Now that I wasn't so scent drunk on my mate's smell. . .I noticed he reeked of leather and horse sweat. . .

Not the best combination. . .An understandable one. . .But not the best.

Luckily, I could already smell the faint, distant scent of the usually herb filled bath that Alexandria had clearly already drawn for us.

Thank the stars for her early bird tendencies. . .

Nuzzling my face firmly against his neck, I pressed a few small kisses at his skin before Jude started to squirm the slightest bit under my mouth.

''Hey. . .'' He whispered softly, his voice a bit raspy from sleeping with his mouth open last night.

Smiling slightly, I squirmed out of his grip, slipping out of the bed, my daughter cradled in my arms as Jude propped himself up ever so slightly so he could watch me curiously.

Grinning at him over my shoulder, I carefully started to undo the ties on the simple white tunic I was wearing, slipping it off swiftly.

My chest was a bit puffy as my body was working to start making milk for my un-hatched child, something that drew Jude's surprised gaze pretty quickly.

''You going to join me?'' I asked softly as I slipped the brown cloth trousers off my legs, leaving me bare before my mate as he just stared at me slightly slack jawed.

I could feel my face starting to burn a bit as he just stared at me, my confidence wavering slightly.

Maybe I should have just told him to go wash. . .

A soft, whispered 'woah' gave me a bit more confidence though.

Smiling sheepishly, I turned around, slowly stepping backwards, swaying my hips all the while in an attempt at looking 'sexy'.

After a second, Jude got up out of the bed, stumbling slightly as the pelts in the nest tangled a bit around his ankles.

Grinning, feeling nearly drunk with giddiness, I turned and quickly dashed into the bathing room.

Near the stone bath was a small wooden nest that was filled to the brim with soft pelts where I could rest my daughter so I could bathe in peace.

The time it took me to gentle set her in her nest and lightly cover her in pelts allowed Jude to join me in the bathing room, almost fully unclothed as well.

Shifting into my first form, I held my wings forwards to more or less hide my body as Jude shifted as well, flaring his feathers in a way reminiscent of a courting display.

My face was burning slightly as I slowly moved to step into the bath, slipping into the almost too hot water and ducking down until my mouth was covered by the gently lapping, herb scented water.

Jude finished tugging off his tunic, standing before me fully nude now as he approached the edge of the sunken stone bath, moving to more or less kneel at the edge of the basin.

Smiling at him, I slowly moved over to the edge he was at, resting my arms on the ledge next to him as he lowered his legs into the bath.

''Your hair's gotten longer'' He murmured softly as one of his hands moved to gently run through my locks, scratching at my scalp as he did so.

My chest ached with feelings I didn't want to bother putting a name to, a purr rumbling out of me without any thought.

''A lot of things about me have changed since you left'' I whispered back, nuzzling against his palm as he joined me in the water, his hand slipping down to rest on my cheek as he regained his balance in the water.

My eyes drifted closed right as a small grimace flickered across his face.

''I'm sorry we missed so much'' He whispered quietly as the two of us drifted closer until I was fully in his arms.

''You're here now'' I murmured against his skin as I rested my face against the lean muscles of his chest, the warm water, herbal scent and presence of my mate lulling me back into a dazed, half asleep state.

We just stood there for a while in the warm, steamy water, just pressed up against each other, skin to skin.

I was. . .Settled. So very settled, as if my skin finally fit me correctly after so long.

. . .It would be even more perfect if a certain someone didn't still smell like horses.

Pressing a chaste and gentle kiss to his jaw, I ducked out of his embrace, moving over to grab the soft cloth and bar of soap from the side of the basin.

Picking up the. . .Somewhat floral smelling bar, I returned to my mate, lathering it up with the cloth before reaching out for my surprised looking partner.

Gently resting a hand on his shoulder to encourage him to hold still, I started to bathe my mate as he just stared at me in surprise, a slight flush on his face.

A soft rumbling purr started to leave the other man as he arched his wings over the two of us, his hands moving to gently hold my face.

His touch careful, as if he feared he'd break me with a mere touch.

The look in his eyes. . .Matching the emotion in my chest.

----------------------------------------------------

Me: Happily working on getting more stories done on my day off.

My work, standing behind me with a steel chair: 'Heeey fallen, so, you know how the flu's going around?'

Kicker is, I ALMOST had this done last week TvT

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen