Chapter 21: The morning

:)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Waking up slowly, I snuggled closer to the warmth next to me, The feathered weight laying over me started to move, Confusing me slightly.

Snuggling closer to the warm solid breathing thing next to me, I tried to fall back asleep before the fact that what I was cuddling was breathing settled in.

''Mmm, Go back to sleep, We only have so long before the others come looking for us'' Aldo murmured in my ear, His voice rougher than before, Sleep making his voice lower.

I bolted straight up, Trying to squirm away from him.

My sleepy morning brain wasn't dealing really well with waking up next to someone else.

I didn't remember anything happening last night, But still, My memory was still a little foggy with sleep.

I continued to squirm around in Aldo's grip before he eventually let out a sigh.

I felt Aldo move before suddenly I was pinned to the ground, An arm on my back, Holding me down.

Trying to thrash free, I raised my wings slightly, Moving them to either side of the man currently pinning me.

I tried to squeeze him with my wings, Hoping that'd make him let up on me.

Nope, All it did was make the man currently pinning me chuckle quietly.

''Are you trying to hurt me. . .With your wings?'' Aldo chuckled out, Amusement in his sleep gravely voice.

''Shut up'' I grumbled quietly, Slowly stopping my struggles.

''Aww, That's so cute'' Aldo cooed out between laughs.

''Fuck you!'' I squeaked out, My face flushing as my voice squeaked slightly.

I am not cute, I am dangerous and independent. I do not need someone patronizing me.

 The man pinning me just continued to quietly chuckle as he lowered himself on top of me, Pinning me fully with his body.

''Oh I'm willing to try if you are'' Aldo teased, His breath tickling my neck as he buried his face in the crook of my neck, Inhaling my scent directly from it's source.

''No, No no nO'' I squeaked out, My voice breaking slightly on the last no as I started to squirm even more.

I heard the demon on top of my chuckle as he slowly rolled off of me, Laying back on his back.

''Fine, Guess we'll do it some other time then'' Aldo muttered calmly, Laying back on the leaf covered dirt floor, His clothing still missing.

I glanced over at him briefly, Pointedly keeping myself from looking down.

He had his eyes closed, As if the combination of our scents wasn't affecting him at all.

My head was starting to get a bit fuzzy, The wintery pine smell coming from the other man was a lot stronger than before, Almost as if his very scent was trying to show off.

''And if. . .I never want to fuck you?'' I asked, My voice getting a bit quieter at 'fuck'.

I braced myself for what I expected him to do.

I was prepared to run, Thinking he'd either try and attack me or force himself on me.

Instead, He let out a sigh before speaking.

''Fine with me, You just can't complain when I still sleep around with the concubines then'' Aldo answered, His voice surprisingly calm.

I blinked in surprise as I stared at him, He hadn't even opened his eyes as he remained laying on his back, His arms behind his head, Seemingly unbothered.

''Why would I complain? I won't even be here'' I muttered quietly, Slowly rolling over onto my back as well, Staring up at the leaves above us.

The sun was just starting to peek it's way in in-between the overlapping leaves.

The silence next to me made me look back over at the man beside me.

He was staring at me, A frown on his face.

''What do you mean you won't be here?'' Aldo asked slowly, His yellow eyes narrowing as a small growl started to form in his voice.

I moved away from him a bit more, Wanting some space between us now.

''I'm not staying. . .I gotta hopefully find my tribe'' I muttered, A small growl starting to form in my voice as well.

I needed to get further away from Aldo before his scent distracted me too much.

There was a long silence before Aldo actually spoke again.

''You better run then, The others will be coming to fetch everyone from the woods any minuet now'' Aldo grumbled out, His voice lower then it was this morning.

I slowly sat up, Staring over at him with wide eyes.

''What do you mean? Didn't you say you weren't going to keep me here against my will?'' I demanded quietly, My feathers standing on end as the yellow eyed man sat up as well.

 ''I did, And I'm not going to keep you against your will. . .But my men didn't make the same promise'' Aldo pointed out as he slowly got to his feet.

I felt my eyes widen slightly as I realized what that meant.

''Aren't you going to stop them from doing that though?'' I asked slowly, Nervous fear starting to grip at my heart as I realized, If he wasn't going to stop them then I'd need to bolt right fucking now.

I should have ran as soon as I woke up. . .Who knows how far out we are from them. . .

Aldo was still silent, He had been silent for far too long.

I started to spread my wings when Aldo let out a sigh.

''Yeah, If they try and force you to stay then I'll let you go'' Aldo muttered, Sounding like he really didn't want to.

I slowly nodded, A hint of gratitude started to bloom in my chest at that.

At least I've got someone who's albeit reluctantly on my side. . .

''Thanks?'' I muttered quietly as Aldo made his way over towards me.

He sat down beside me as I started to lean away a bit, My feathers slowly flattening, Making my wings seem smaller.

I hunched my shoulders as Aldo laid his wing over my back, Putting some weight into his wing.

''Now we wait?'' I asked quietly, Making a point to not look at the naked man next to me.

''We could do something while we wait, But I don't think you'd agree'' Aldo muttered, Making me jump slightly as I felt his bare skin press up against mine.

I held still as he leaned against me, His arm draping across my shoulders as his side pressed into my arm.

The man next to me was pretty strong, I could feel the muscles in his arm as he held me close, Not to mention I could see pale scars littering his chest from the corner of my eye.

''How did you get those. . .If you don't mind me asking'' I muttered quietly, Reaching out slightly to lightly trace one of the raised, Wide pale marks that slashed across his arm.

 ''You're not the first person I've protected from the. . .Less than savory'' Aldo answered vaguely before the distant sound of shouts caught both of our attentions.

Guess we're going to be found soon. . .Hopefully. . .

----------------------------------------------------------------------

And Aldo kept his word and didn't do anything to Theo, He's still gonna try and verbally change Theo's mind though

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen