Chapter 28: Anger

(:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The medic had swept the passed out Frog away as soon as she arrived, Not even bothering to say anything to the rest of us.

Eventually, After a while, It was decided that the Normals would each be put in a cage until our Mother could come and deal with them.

I was sitting beside the cage Aldo was in, Partly to stand guard, But mostly because I felt the smallest bit guilty.

He helped me find my way back to my tribe only to be rewarded with imprisonment.

I felt a small sigh escape me despite the trouble I'd no doubt be in.

 Things were different now but here in the forest, High up in the same trees I flew through when I was young, I could almost forget all that has happened.

However, That changed when I moved slightly, Catching the smell of winter pines and mint.

Closing my eyes, I allowed myself to enjoy the scent of my mate as my mouth watered ever so slightly.

His scent is soothing to an extent. . .Guess it makes sense. . .My body is wired to enjoy my mate's scent. . .

 I kicked slightly at the cage, Watching it sway back and forth at the light kick, Aldo thankfully still seemed to be out cold.

''Others have ignored what their bodies are wired for. . .I can do the same I'm sure. . .'' I mumbled to myself as I watched the feathers on Aldo's wings sway slightly.

I had shifted out of my second form and into my third a while ago, My wings gone, Only soft downy feathers remained on my shoulders and in my hair.

Leaning back, I closed my eyes again as I slowly breathed in the smell of pines, My exhaustion catching up with me.

A small bit of sleep can't hurt me. . .Currently at least. . .

With that in mind, I relaxed myself as best I could, The familiar sounds of crickets and distant tree frogs made up the song of the forest around us.

Rolling over onto my side, I curled up ever so slightly as I drifted off.

--- Time skip ---

A low growl was the first thing I heard as I bolted awake, The sound of screams and cries for help that had plagued my dreams dispersing as my eyes snapped around quickly.

My slightly panicked attention turned to the cage hanging over the ground next to me.

Sure enough, The grey feathered man was awake, And in his first form. . .

I swallowed nervously as his scent hit me, It seemed to sting my senses with the amount of fury coming off of him.

A small whimpered whine was trying to escape my throat in response to his anger.

Being back with my tribe had reminded me how muted our scents were compared to that of the Normals.

I stared at him as he slowly approached the bars of the rather small cage.

The feathers on his head were standing up, Showing his anger.

''You're. . .Awake'' I pointed out dumbly, Subtly moving away from him a little bit.

'''That I am.''' He growled out, His claws clicking as he raised his talons to the wooden bars holding him imprisoned.

'''Why. Am I in a cage.''' He demanded, His voice low with fury.

I swallowed nervously, Resisting the urge to make myself appear smaller to discourage his anger.

''Because, Most of the others here assume you're planning on killing everyone like the last Normals tried to do'' I informed him as I got to my feet, Moving away from him slightly.

'''If I wanted to kill them I'd have killed you after you led me here then just burned this forest down.''' He growled out, His eyes narrowed slightly as he watched me.

I felt the feathers on my shoulders bristle slightly at his growl.

Growling back, I narrowed my eyes in turn.

He didn't seem to be taking that well based upon the fact that he spread his wings out as much as he could in the small cage, Making himself bigger.

'''Let me out.''' He demanded quietly, His talons wrapping around one of the wooden bars as he spoke.

''I don't think that's such a good idea. . .'' I muttered, Holding as still as I could.

He stared at me for a good solid minuet before suddenly, He struck out.

I didn't have time to move away from him as he grabbed my arm with his scale covered talons.

Quickly, I was pulled up against the wooden bars of his cage as he slowly shifted back into his second form.

I tugged at my arms as his talons turned into hands, His grip still strong and concerning despite the fact that his razor sharp claws were gone now.

''I was giving you the option so you could still pretend you were in control'' He growled out right next to my ear as he grabbed my head with his other hand, Holding me flush with the wooden bars.

My eyes widened in horror before he released me, Grabbing onto the bars instead.

Before I could say or do anything, He snapped one of the wooden bars like it was a twig.

I started to stumble back before he broke another bar, Enough so that he could squeeze between the remaining bars.

Turning, I was about to bolt to the nearest little hut hidden among the branches and leaves of the trees.

I took a single step before a warm body collided with me from behind, Knocking me from the branch and causing me to plummet to the ground below.

Like last time we had fallen from a tree together, Aldo spun us around mid air so he'd take the majority of the damage from the fall.

Still, A small grunt escaped me at the impact, Driving the air out of my lungs briefly.

Before I could recover, Aldo had flipped us over, Holding me down to the ground, One hand firmly placed in the middle of my back as his other hand moved to my head.

His anger tinted his scent with a sharp note as he held me down, His fingers threading into my hair.

Oh he's not happy. . .

--------------------------------------------------------------

Late chapter. . .And Aldo's pissed at being imprisoned

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen