Chapter 8: Panic

:) We're back! (With a very late chapter )

----------------------------------------------------------------

My heart was hammering in my chest like the wings of a hummingbird.

I thought I would pass out any second now as my fear choked me.

Each second that Mr. Yellow eyes remained pressed up against me I could feel my heart beat picking up.

I could faintly catch his scent wafting off of his neck as I remained trapped there in an ever growing panic.

His scent reminded me of the forest in the winter, A mix of pine and mint coming off him in a cooling wave.

He let out a small growl as I tried to tug away from him, His hand moving to thread his fingers into my hair, Keeping my head, And in turn my neck, Stuck in place.

I could feel my throat closing off out of fear, Making me light headed as I struggled to breath, My eyes wide with fear.

My rapid heart beat stopped suddenly as I felt the other man's lips gently brush against the scent glands at my neck.

A small strangled squeak escaped me as he lightly brushed his sharp canine teeth over the soft skin on my neck.

The fear filled sound seemed to draw him out of whatever daze he was in.

He pulled back slightly, Blinking a few times, His pupils dilated and his breathing a little bit ragged.

He reached a hand up slightly, Brushing a few stray strands of hair out of his face as he stared at me in shock.

A small growl whelmed up in my chest, My fear still covering me like a cloak as I remained tied to the horse still.

Shaking his head, Yellow eyes took another step back before turning to one of his men.

''Jace, Take him to the shade and give him some water, I need to go clear my head'' Yellow eyes ordered.

His voice was a bit strained, As if it was taking a lot of effort to back away.

I kept up the low warning growl I had been letting out this whole time, My body tense and painful with fear.

Yellow eyes took another step back, A slightly dazed look still on his face.

The man he had called, Hurried over to the horse and I, His eyes wide with concern as he took in the ragged state his leader was in.

I struggled against the ropes slightly, My wings straining as they remained bound to my chest.

Jace cautiously approached me, His scent starting to reach me the closer he got.

I growled louder, Fear clogging at my chest.

This other man's scent smelled a bit like mothballs, For some reason, It smelled unpleasant to me.

I tugged away from his hands as he untied me from the horse.

Looking nervously in the direction that Yellow eyes had last been, I noticed he was gone now.

A nervous rumble started in my throat as my panicked eyes quickly flitted about across the camp grounds.

Soon enough, My gaze landed on the now familiar man.

He was being led towards a willow tree by a thin and fairly pretty female.

One threat is distracted. . .

Another growl escaped me as Jace lightly rested his hand on my shoulder, Trying to guide me towards some shade.