Chapter 27: Home sweet home?

And things aren't gonna go so well for Aldo. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

''No! Don't hurt them!'' I shouted out as I hurriedly glided down to the knocked out Normals that had been escorting us.

''Theo! Don't go near them!'' Johnson scolded, Gliding down as well to land next to me.

I dodged away from him as the rest of the Frogs glided down as well, Mikey following close behind them.

Moving to the two Normals that had been carrying the knocked out Frog, I worriedly moved them off of him, Making sure he hadn't been wounded when they passed out.

The makeshift bandages were still in place, Thankfully, It didn't look like the two passed out Normals had done any damage to the Frog.

Letting out a sigh, I sat back on my heels, Turning my attention back to my uncle.

''Theo, Step away from them, For all we know they could just be faking it'' Johnson scolded, Moving forwards to grab me by my arm.

''No, You don't understand, They're not. . .Fully bad, They killed the ones who attacked our tribe!'' I said urgently, The urge to protect a certain grey haired man over taking my reason.

''And what will stop them from killing what's left of our tribe? From what you said, They've already taken down a trained army after all'' My uncle reasoned as the other frogs stood back with Mikey, Just staring at the un-folding drama.

''They didn't kill Aj or I when they found us'' I pointed out, Gesturing to the passed out frog.

''They might have been waiting for you to tell them our location'' He retorted before Mikey interjected.

''They let him leave alone without a fuss'' Mikey pointed out calmly.

Johnson spun around at that, His eyebrows arched.

''Then why did he arrive with a whole troop of Normals following him?'' My uncle demanded, His hands on his hips now.

''Because one of them didn't want us getting hurt'' I explained, Moving over to the winter pine smelling man.

Placing my fingers lightly over the pulse point on his neck, I made sure he wasn't dead.

''And why exactly would one of them do something like that?'' My uncle shot back, Clearly concerned.

''Because. . .This jackass is my. . .Mate'' I muttered, Gesturing towards Aldo as I spoke.

I watched as Johnson looked down at Aldo then back up at me.

''Before you freak out. . .'' I started to say before sure enough, He was already storming over to me.

''Oh hell no, Nope, Not a chance'' He grumbled out, Moving to grab my arm, Pulling me away from Aldo.

''You are not. Mates with something like that!'' He said defensibly.

Sighing, I rolled my eyes before tugging my arm roughly out of his grip.

''Like it or not, He is my mate and believe me it's no cake walk to say that either, But sadly, It's the truth'' I mumbled out, Moving back over to Aldo as I spoke.

He did me a favor helping us find this place. . .I guess, The least I can do is not let him die at the hands of my tribe. . .

Leaning down, I reluctantly rubbed the scent glands on my neck against his wings as best I could, Marking him with my scent like a mate would.

A small gasp could be heard from the remaining Frogs, You have to be very. Very familiar with someone to scent mark them.

I looked over at Johnson to see his eyes narrowed in rage before he sighed reluctantly.

''Fine. We'll take them to our group's mother'' He sighed out, Making my eyes widen slightly.

''What do you mean by 'Our group's mother'?'' I demanded, Getting up as I spoke.

My uncle inhaled slowly before gesturing for me to follow him.

''There is a lot you missed out on while you were away with that. . .Thing'' He said, Spitting out the last part as he gestured towards Aldo.

''Oh boy'' I muttered quietly, Glancing back just in time to see the short Frogs picking up the much larger Normals who had escorted us here.

''I'll explain while we walk'' He informed me, Drawing my attention back to him just as Mikey moved to help carry a Normal.

--- Time skip ---

Turns out, The Mothers had decided that it would be easier to hide if our remaining tribe wasn't so large.

Everyone was assigned one group out of three, The groups rotate out where they're hiding every other week that way it'll be even harder for them to be tracked down.

Luckily, My family was on the rotation closest to the entrance of the forest currently.

As we flew up to the understory layer of the forest, I was quite surprised to see the almost sad expression everyone seemed to hold.

Right. . .Makes sense. . .Many of them lost children and loved ones after all. . .

''We need a medic over here'' Johnson shouted out to the rather jittery couple of four nearby.

The smallest out of the four of them nodded before taking flight, Zooming towards the center of this little encampment.

The other three made their way over to us, Cautiously helping the Frogs set the Normals down.

''Ann, Go get the Mother please, This is something he'll need to deal with'' Johnson ordered the single girl in the couple.

He. . .So it's Tom then. . .Oh boy this'll be interesting. . .

Tom was the oldest Mother our tribe has, He tends to be very fair, However, He sometimes is a bit harsher to those who hurt a member of our tribe.

I mean. . .Aldo kinda saved me so maybe that'll help. . .

Moving back over to where Aldo had been roughly placed down, I crouched down next to him, Pushing him until he was in a more comfortable position.

Damn he's got a lot of muscles. . .I don't think I really wanna know how he got so many. . .

Sitting down, I crossed my arms over my knees as I spread my wings out, Stretching them.

The sound of people approaching drew my attention upwards.

A tall woman and the short man who had left to get the medic were both approaching us quickly, The shorter man struggling to keep up with her.

Maribeth. . .Our tribe's medic. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------

Johnson does not approve of Aldo at all. . .

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen