Chapter 62: Sleepy discussions

:T

--------------------------------------------------------

Aldo led me back to the familiar, Sturdy wooden doors that separated his room from the hall.

I was hesitant to enter, But Aldo didn't notice my slight pause, Proceeding to tug me into the massive room.

In the center of the room sat a raised dais, A large and blanket filled bed fitting perfectly in the middle of the dais, Taking up a large portion of space in the center of the room.

Laying on top of the bed was Jude, Wearing nothing but a blanket covering his waist.

Understandably so too, His back was covered with angry red raised welts, As if he had been flogged.

That looks painful. . .

He was laying on his stomach, His wings arched slightly on either side of him, Which stopped me from seeing much more than just his back and the back of his head.

 I had been hesitating far too long by the door apparently, The next the I knew, Aldo had grabbed me and pretty much effortlessly lifted me off my feet and into his arms.

''C'mon sweetie, No need to hang back, Neither of us bite. . .Much'' Aldo teased, A grin on his face before I started to squirm around in his grip, Uncomfortable with being held off the ground.

''I-I was just. . .Caught off guard. . .Please put me down'' I protested, barely getting the words out before Aldo proceeded to toss me onto the bed.

 ''Are you okay Theo?'' Jude questioned as soon as I landed on the bed, A bit dazed.

''I-I'm alright'' I assured him before Aldo joined us in bed.

''Didn't hurt your wings?'' Aldo checked, Grabbing onto me yet again, This time to pull me up towards the upper part of the bed with Jude and himself.

I shook my head slightly before freezing as Aldo buried his face in the crook of my neck.

''Good'' He murmured before gently pressing light kisses to where a mate would mark me.

Jude let out a small sigh as he settled back down, Seemingly relaxing again.

A shiver ran down my spine as Aldo gently pressed a kiss to the underside of my jaw, Stopping me right before I could ask Jude if he was alright.

My face started to heat with embarrassment as a warm rumbling purr started to come from the other man as he continued to lightly press kisses to my neck, His arms holding me firmly against his chest.

A warm hand brushed against my thigh, Startling me and distracting Aldo, Drawing both of our attentions to Jude.

While Aldo was tormenting me, The tips of his wings had rested on Jude's wounded back, Visibly putting the other man in pain.

''Ah I'm so sorry, Here, I'll go get you something for your pain'' Aldo apologized, Gently moving me away from himself before climbing out of bed and hurriedly leaving the room.

Slowly, I turned my very dazed attention towards Jude.

He gave me a small, Tired smile before closing his eyes, Resting his head on his arms.

''You have a bit of time to regain your composure before he comes back and starts messing with you again'' Jude informed me, Sounding a bit sympathetic.

''Thanks. . .He's kinda acting odd. . .Don't you think?'' I questioned, Hesitantly moving to sit beside him, Careful not to touch the angry red welts that coated his skin.

''Mmm, No, I don't think so. . .He's treating you like how he treats me. . .Like a mate, Always wanting to touch, To kiss'' Jude explained, Letting out a quiet grunt as he slowly pushed himself up into a sitting position.

Instinctively, I reached out to offer him help.

''You say that like his sudden change in behavior was obvious'' I muttered, Letting the other man lean on he as he slowly settled down, Wincing every now and then.

He stared at me for a moment before sighing tiredly, Dragging a hand down his face before chuckling.

''I'm sorry but I'm not exactly used to. . .Relationships. . .I've never actually been outside the courting period of relationships before. . .'' I explained anxiously, My feathers bristling a bit defensively.

Jude hummed a bit before giving me yet another sympathetic look.

''Fate really likes screwing you over huh?. . .Lost your tribe, Thrown into a whole new world that. . .At best is the reverse of your old home, At worst, Completely crazy compared to home. . .As well as many other things. . .'' Jude murmured, Sympathy in his voice.

I chuckled humorlessly, A sad smile on my face.

''Yeah. . .But, You've also had it pretty bad. . .You used to live with Quinn'' I pointed out, Pointedly looking at the mangled scars on the side of Jude's neck.

He placed his hand over the heavily mangled section of his neck, His face becoming a bit pink.

''Things are better for me now. . .Are they at least starting to look up for you?'' Jude questioned, Making me pause.

Before I could answer, Aldo reentered the room, Carrying a bucket with him.

''Lay on your belly darling, M'kay?'' Aldo requested, Moving to sit on the edge of the bed, Beside Jude.

I was apparently a lot more distrustful of Aldo than Jude was as he proceeded to instantly comply, Laying back down on the bed, A small hiss leaving him.

''I know love, I know'' Aldo cooed out, Gently running his hand over Jude's wings before reaching into the bucket, Pulling out a soaked rag.

''One of the healers was still awake, He gave me something that should help lessen your pain'' He murmured, Gently setting the rag on Jude's back, Spreading it out until it covered his entire lower back.

It smelled faintly of herbs.

Frowning slightly, I continued to sniff slightly at the air, Trying to untangle the mixed scent of many different herbs.

Doesn't smell like anything I know. . .

Aldo placed a few more soaked cloths on Jude's back until you couldn't see anymore red marks.

It took a moment, But soon enough, Jude's wings relaxed, A sigh leaving him as the tension left his shoulders.

''Thank you Aldo'' I heard Jude murmur quietly, Closing his eyes as he spoke.

I watched as Aldo smiled fondly, Leaning over to gently kiss Jude's neck before climbing into bed.

Settling down, I carefully kept my distance from Jude so as to not risk bumping into the hurt man's back.

Never really slept in a bed before. . .

I doubted I'd get much rest that night.

--------------------------------------------------------------

:) Jude's going to be okay

Anyways! Like always, Have a good day/night and find a better book! - fallen