Sick (NR)

Nat's pov:I woke up as I could feel my daughter tossing and turning in the bed next to me, causing me to look over at her

Nat's pov:
I woke up as I could feel my daughter tossing and turning in the bed next to me, causing me to look over at her. She was really pale but had a thin layer of sweat covering her face. I gently shook her awake, "baby, whats the matter. Are you okay?" She stared blankly at me for a minute before whispering back "mummy my tummy and throat hurts a lot." Her eyes filled with tears as she said this, making my heart break at how vulnerable she looked.

Before getting out of bed. I looked at the time. It was 4am so no one would be up yet. I pulled the covers back and stepped out of the bed, the cold air hitting me. I slowly made me way to the kitchen being careful to not wake anyone up as they would not be happy.

It took me a good 10mins before I could find what I was looking for, someone really needed to organise the cupboards. I picked up the medicine off the shelf and made my way back to mine and my daughters room. When I came into the room she sat up and stretched her hands out asking to be picked up. I shook my head at her before saying "bubs you need to take this medicine before we can have cuddles. It will make you feel better. Okay?"

If looks could kill, then I would be dead. She stared at me like I was crazy, I knew she hated the medicine but not that much. "Mama no, that's yucky." She exclaimed. I put on my 'mom face' before replying "baby you have to take this medicine, there is no room for arguing here!"

She looked up at me, her eyes full of tears and her lips in a pout. I felt bad making her take it, but she would feel worse if she didn't. I opened up the bottle and put some on the spoon before putting the medicine in my daughters mouth. She just sat there with it in her mouth, while crying.

"If you swallow the medicine, we can have cuddles and watch films all day. How does that sound?" She perked up when she heard this but still didn't swallow it. "Ugh Y/N you could have finished by now". At this point I was starting to get annoyed with her.

Then I came up with a good idea. I pretended to walk out of the room. She then quickly swallowed the medicine before crying even more than before and calling for me "mama don't go. I'm sorry". I turned round and walked back to her. Quickly, I scooped her up in my arms before getting into bed with her. I placed her on my chest and before I knew it she was asleep.

Authors note
I apologise for how rushed this is. I'm super busy at the moment and only had like 5 mins to write this.

Love you all :)