"Is this for me?" (NR)

Natasha's pov:Tomorrow is Y/N's birthday, she's turning 10 and I think she's finally ready

Natasha's pov:
Tomorrow is Y/N's birthday, she's turning 10 and I think she's finally ready. She's been asking to have a puppy for ages, and every time I've said no as they are a lot of work. However, we looked after our friends dog for a while and she was really good with him. So today I'm on my way to buy her a puppy.

I walked up to Wanda and whispered in her ear, "I'm going to buy Y/N a puppy, can you put her to bed for me?"

Wanda's eyes lit up, and she nodded her head excitedly. I'm not sure whether she was exited about the thought of there being a puppy in the house, or about putting Y/N to bed.

I walked up behind Y/N and scooped her up, tickling her belly making her let out a loud laugh. Yes, I know she's turning 10 tomorrow, but she's still so small and I can't resist picking her up.

"Alright baby, mama has to go out for a little bit, so auntie Wanda is going to put you to bed. I'll see you in the morning okay?" I told my daughter before giving her a kiss on the forehead and setting her back on the floor.

She looked up at me and gave me a hug, "Okay mama, I'll see you tomorrow. Love you."

"Love you too my love." I said before walking out the door and to my car.

Honestly, I was really excited to get the dog, and I know Y/N is going to be over the moon.

>time skip to the morning<

I was 'awaken' by my now 10 year old daughter sitting on my chest. She didn't actually wake me up, as I had to go and out the dog away and make sure she was okay, but she doesn't have to know that.

Pulling Y/N into my chest, I stroked her hair and said, "Happy birthday baby. You're getting so big, I remember when you were born, you were so tiny."

Y/N let out a small giggle and snuggled further into my chest. God I can't believe she's 10, soon she will be a teenager and want absolutely nothing to do with me.

"Alright come on then monkey, let's go and open your presents." I told her while pushing her off the bed. Obviously not hard, but she still fell off it, making me burst into hysterics. Y/N didn't find it as funny, as a small pout formed on her face, making me laugh even harder. She then eventually started laughing as well, and attempted to shove me off of the bed. Unsuccessfully might I add.

-

She had just finished opening all her presents. While she loved them all, I could tell she was a little bit upset that she didn't get a puppy. I couldn't help but smirk at the thought of her reaction.

"Okay bubba you have one more gift. This one is a special one so you have to be careful." I told her, making her look curiously at me.

Wanda then walked in with the big box and set it in front of Y/N. She looked at me, asking if she could open it, I nodded my head at her and she opened the lid.

Immediately she started crying. Not the reaction I was expecting. She pulled the puppy out of the box and cuddled it into her chest, using the puppies fluff to wipe away her tears.

She managed to sob out a small "is this for me?" I smiled widely before nodding my head at her.

She stood up and walked over to me, puppy in her hands. "I love you mama, thanks for getting me a puppy." She managed to get out before bursting into more tears.

I pulled her into me, careful not to squash the dog. "You're welcome baby, you deserve it. I love you too." I said while laughing slightly. This may of not been the reaction that I was expecting, but it was just as cute.