Volleyball pt.2 (SJ)

Scarlett's pov:
"What the hell is wrong with you?" My 11 year old spits out at me. Instantly I get angry, she shouldn't be talking to me like that.

Before I can say anything, Colin beats me to it. "Don't speak to your mother like that Y/N!"

This just seems to make her more angry. Or sad. I can't tell. Her eyes have tears in, yet the look on her face. Well, all I can say is that it looks could kill, then we'd all be dead.

She then looked directly at Colin. "You're not my dad. Don't tell me what to do!"

The look on his face broke my heart. He had tried so hard to bond with her, but obviously it hasn't worked.

"Right that's enough! Y/N I don't know what your problem is, but I've had enough. You don't get to talk to me or Colin like that. Apologise right now!" I yelled at her, losing my temper.

"My problem. Shouldn't we be talking about your problems right now? This is all your fault. You've caused this. And for what. To play with your daughter. You could have played with the brat any other time. But you chose tonight. Nice going mum!" She shouted back at me.

I could see this wasn't going to end well but that didn't stop me.

"Don't call your sister a brat Y/N. If anyone is a brat then it's you. Look at the way you're behaving. Stop being such a child and get over whatever has put you in this mood!"

The look on her face snapped me out of my rage. She looked so upset. I don't know whether it was over the fact I had just yelled at her, or something else.

She then just broke down crying. "But I am still a child. I'm only 11. Incase you forgot. That's all you seem to do recently. I'm sorry for being such a brat, I just wanted you to come to one game. Just one. The most important one. You promised. You promised me you would. Yet you didn't. Everyone else's parents were there, but famous Scarlett Johansson wasn't. I know I'm not perfect like Rose apparently is, but I'm still your daughter too. I've only ever asked for you to do one thing and you couldn't even do that. Have fun playing with your new family. I'm done waiting for you to remember the things going on in my life."

With that she stormed upstairs and slammed the door. I can't say I'm surprised, if I was her I would have reacted a lot worse.

I can't believe I did that. Especially to her, me and her have a different bond to what me and Rose have. I mean she's my first born, my first baby. She's special.

God I'm such a bad mother. The most important game and I missed it. The worse part is I said I would go. And it's not like I missed it for a good reason either, I could have played with Rose anytime. She wouldn't have cared.

I had tears threatening to fall from my eyes, but I didn't let them. I don't deserve to cry. I was the one who caused my daughter all that pain.

Already, I had decided how I was going to try and fix this. I know one little gesture won't do anything, but at least it's a start.

I walked out of the living room and straight into the kitchen, getting started on my plan.

>one hour later<

I had made all of Y/N's favourite foods and gathered her favourite movies and took them all to my room. I had planned for us to have a sleepover night, like we used to when it was just me and her. We hadn't done one of those in ages and now felt like the perfect time.

I wrote a little note and slid it under her door, quietly making my way back to my room. 

Y/N's pov:
I saw a piece of paper being pushed under my door, and so once the footsteps had gone, I went to get it. I picked it up off of the floor,  sat on my bed and began reading.

Y/N,

I know this won't make up for how shitty I've been as a mother, but I would like to think it's a start. I have no excuse for what I did tonight, and I'm not even going to try and come up with one. It wouldn't be fair on you. I just hope you know how truly sorry I am. I'm sorry that it has taken this long for me to notice the bad job I'm doing as your mum, and that this is what caused me to notice. I love you more than words can even describe. You're my first born. My baby. The one who made me a mum. No one can even come close to replacing you. Not now. Not ever. I hope I can build up your trust again, and that eventually, over time you will forgive me.

Ps, I'm holding a little sleepover for me and hopefully you as well.If you're willing to try and forgive me, come and join me in my room. I have your favourite snacks and favourite movies. Just like when you were younger.

Mum :)

I couldn't help but smile at her note. Yes, I'm still angry at her, but this is a good start. I know that tonight was a wake up call for her, and that she will change.

I got off my bed, opened my door and made my way to my mums room. I got there and stood at the door waiting for her to notice me. Really I was just too afraid to go in.

When she did, she immediately opened up her arms and I ran into them. She started the movie, and we began eating the snacks. That's when I realised everything would be alright. It's going to be fine. She's trying now and that's all that matters.

Wow three updates tonight. You're getting spoiled.