Baby sister (SJ)

Scarlett's pov:A few days ago I gave birth to my second daughter Rose

Scarlett's pov:
A few days ago I gave birth to my second daughter Rose. You see, I already have a 15 year old daughter and I'm honestly not sure that she likes Rose. I get that it's been just me and her all her life, but she needs to get used to this.

I'd just put Rose down for bed after a long few hours of trying to get her to sleep. I love being a mum but it's just so tiring. Especially when my husband Romain (ew) isn't here to help me, he had to go out of town for work and won't be back for another week.

It was currently 9pm and I was thinking about going to bed as I had nothing to do right now and was super tired. I decided to go into Y/N's room and say goodnight before I did. Dragging myself off the sofa, I walked upstairs and to my daughters room. I knocked on the door and heard a faint "come in" and so I did.

Y/N's pov:
I was on my phone when I heard a knock at my door. "Come in" I tiredly said, knowing it was my mum. She walked in and sat on the edge of my bed. I couldn't help but stare at her, she looked so tired. This made me feel bad as I had been no help to her whatsoever.

She literally gave birth a few days ago and I hadn't done anything to help her. I've been a little bit jealous of Rose, and upset with my mum. I don't want our relationship to change now there's someone else in the house. It's been just me and her for most of my life and so I'm not sure about the whole sibling idea.

"Baby, I'm going to bed as I'm exhausted. I'll see you in the morning. I love you." She cooed at me, kissing the top of my head before standing up.

"I love you too mum." I said back to her before she walked out of my room and into hers.

>time skip to a few hours<

I hadn't realised how much time had passed. I'd just been sat on my phone, not really even doing anything.

It was 12am and I began hearing noises from somewhere in the house. To be honest I wasn't sure what it was so I just stayed in my bedroom.

The noise got louder and louder until I realised what it was. Or rather who it was. Rose was crying.

I walked out of my bedroom and to mums room, to see she was fast asleep. No sign of waking up.

Sighing, I made my way into Roses room and over to her cot. I had to admit, she was really cute. When she noticed my presence, she looked up at me with her big, tear-filled green eyes and calmed down ever so slightly. She was still crying, but not as loud.

Knowing that mum wasn't going to wake up, I picked Rose up and began slowly rocking her. After 10 mins of me unsuccessfully trying to get her to calm down, I decided to take her downstairs and make her some hot milk.

I sat on the sofa, with Roses head resting in the crook of my arm and began feeding her. When she was around half way through the bottle she fell asleep.

I placed the bottle down on the ground and laid on the sofa, Rose laying on top of me. She looked so peaceful and perfect. I could see why mum loved her so much. Maybe having a sister wouldn't be so bad.

Scarlett's pov:
I woke up and looked at the time. It was 6am. My thoughts immediately drifted to Rose. I didn't get up with her during the night.

I hopped out of bed and quickly walked into Roses room, only to be met with her empty cot. Confusion and worry clouded my thoughts.

Just to be safe I went into Y/N's room to see if she was there and I was met with the same thing - an empty bed.

That's when I started to panic. Both my children weren't in their beds, and I hadn't woken up at all last night.

I raced down the stairs and began looking for my phone. As I was doing so I was met with the cutest sight that made my heart swell and all my worry disappear.

Y/N was laying on the sofa with Rose on top of her. A bottle next to them on the floor. They were both fast asleep. I couldn't help the smile that made its way onto my face when I realise what had happened.

Y/N had taken Rose down here last night and fed her. I was relieved to know that she didn't hate Rose.

I quickly took a picture of them both before sitting next to Y/N's head, placing it on my lap. I was so grateful for both my girls.