Insecure (SJ)

*You are 15*

*You are 15*

Warnings - mentions of eating disorders

Y/N's pov:
Don't get me wrong, I love having Scarlett Johansson as my mum. However it's hard. From a young age, I've been hanging around with people who are beautiful, literally perfect - it's hard seeing them. I constantly compare myself to them. Social media doesn't help either. I get photos of models on my feed, most of them I know. 

Scarlett's pov:
Recently, Y/N has been really quiet and reserved, nothing like her usual self. I've given her space as she's a teenager and I know she needs her alone time. However, its been months now and nothing has changed. She never really comes downstairs anymore, not for meals at least. I'm worried, but whenever I bring it up, she says she has eaten, but I don't know if I believe her. 

I was sat on the sofa, thoughts and worries clouding my head, when Y/N walked downstairs. She was wearing a large hoodie and joggers in 30 degrees heat. (English temperature) That was my final straw, I knew something was wrong, she doesn't usually dress like that in this weather.

"Y/N sit down" I sternly told her. She looked me in the eyes, and I had to hold back a gasp. She had massive eye bags and her face looked so pale and skinny.  Trudging her way over to me, she sat next to me looking at the ground. 

I decided to just go with my gut, and not even ask her. "I know you haven't been eating." Her head snapped up so fast, I thought she was going to give herself whiplash.

"H-how do you know?" she questioned me in a small voice. I mentally cursed myself for not realising quicker and having this chat sooner. 

"It doesn't matter how I know. I just want to know why you've been acting strangely these past few months." I softly said to her, hoping she would open up to me. 

Once again she looked up at me, this time with tears streaming down her face."It's just so hard mum. Everyone we hang out with is just so perfect, my social media is full of models and then I look in the mirror and end up hating myself." she sobs out to me.

My heart breaks hearing this. I had no idea that she was feeling like this. I didn't realise that tears were streaming down my face until Y/N wiped them away. 

I cupped her face and gave her a kiss on her forehead. "Baby you are perfect. Please don't ever think differently. I know how hard it is seeing everyone, but remember that a lot of what you see is edited, people look very different than they do on social media. And for the people we hang out with, they do insane workouts and insane diets to get in shape. You're beautiful, and it hurts me to see you hurting yourself. Please remember everyone loves you for you, and not for what you look like. I love you so so much."

I pulled her into a side hug and she whispered out a small, "I love you too mum."

-

From that day, we worked on her eating and her self love. Within weeks, she was back to her normal happy self, and I couldn't be more proud.