'How do you even love me?' (NR)

Y/N's pov:The only thing in life that I needed to do at the moment was make my mum proud

Y/N's pov:
The only thing in life that I needed to do at the moment was make my mum proud. She's the great Black Widow and I'm just me. She must see me as such a disappointment. That's why I've been working really really really hard with school. I stay up late at night to do work, and get up early to do more. On average I'd say im getting around three hours sleep a night. It's not the best, but it's what I need to do.

-

It's currently 5am, and I've just woken up. Time to get started on work I

I tried to get out of bed, but ended up falling on the floor making a loud bang. I stood back up and somehow made my way to my desk. My head was pounding and my eyes were blurred over, probably from the lack of sleep. I opened up my maths book, and began working.

Natasha's pov:
I was jolted awake when I heard a thud coming from down the hall. Looking to my left, I checked the time - it was only 5am. Who in their right mind is up at this time on a non training day.

Deciding I should go and see if everything is okay, I slipped on my dressing gown and opened up my door, making my way down the corridor.

Every single light was off, except my daughters. I had no idea what she was doing up at 5am when usually she doesn't get up until 7.

I slowly opened the door, so that she wouldn't notice me, and looked into her room. She was sat at her desk, headphones in, and ferociously scrubbing down notes. Not going to lie, I was a bit worried as she didn't go to bed until late last night.

-

It was now 7am, and I was making breakfast for me and Y/N. She then stumbled through the door making me look up at her. She had huge bags under her eyes, her eyes were glossed over and I could just see how tired she looked.

I made my way over to her, and placed my hand on her shoulder. "Baby come and sit down for a second." I told her, making sure there was no room for debate.

She followed me over to the sofa and sat next to me. I turned my body so that I could see her. "Alright what's going on with you. I love you, but you look like shit."

Tears immediately filled her eyes. Maybe I had been too harsh.

"I-I'm trying so hard mum. Every night I stay up late, and every morning I get up early just so I can work. I'm such a disappointment. How do you even love me? You're Black Widow and I'm me. I thought if I did well in school then you'd finally be proud of me." She sobbed out.

I pulled her in for a hug, giving her a kiss on the head. "My love, you are NOT a disappointment. Do you hear me? You are far from it. Everyday you make me more proud with the women you're becoming. Please don't think that I'm not proud of you. And please please stop pushing yourself in school, it's making you miserable. Today you're going to stay at home and we're going to cuddle all day. How's that sound?"

She cuddled into me further and I felt her nod her head. "Thankyou mama. I love you so so much."

With that, she closed her eyes and not long after, she was asleep in my arms.