Stressed (SJ)

*You are 17*

*You are 17*

Y/N's pov:
Mum has been really stressed recently and staying on set for hours upon hours, so today I decided to make us a nice dinner for when she gets home. I'd already prepared a movie and some snacks, and I'd made her a cute little card with a nice message inside.

It was around 1 hr 30 mins until mum gets home so I have plenty of time to make the food. I was going to attempt to make chicken and noodles as she really likes it and it isn't that hard to do.

>time skip to when food is ready<

Mum would be home any minute now. Turns out the food was harder to make than I thought, it's an easy meal but I can't cook very well.

I quickly set the table, pouring her a glass of wine and myself some water. I dished out the food and put the plates on the table, the little note I made her sitting next to her dinner.

Outside I heard mums car pull-up so I immediately got out of my seat to go and opened the door for her. She basically stormed into the house, not even saying hi on the way in. I shut the door and followed her into the lounge.

"Hi mum how was work? Did you have a good day? I've done all my homework today, took the dogs for a walk, met some friends and guess what. I made .."

"Y/N can you shut up for one second, go and tell someone else what you've done today. I've had a stressful day at work and I just want to relax, so can you just leave me alone!" She yelled at me before going upstairs to her room.

Once I heard her door shut, I let the tears fall out of my eyes. I don't know why she yelled at me, she usually loves it when I talk to her about my day. I didn't even get to tell her that I made us dinner.

Knowing that she didn't want me around her, I then made my own way upstairs and into my room, leaving the dinner to go cold on the table.

I got into bed and just silently cried. All I was trying to do was be helpful and this is what happens.

Scarlett's pov:
I was in my bedroom trying to relax when it suddenly hit me. I had just yelled at my daughter for no reason. She did absolutely nothing wrong. Fuck.

Groaning, I got up of my bed and made my way downstairs, looking for my daughter. Instead of finding her, I was met with my favourite dinner and a little card next to it.

I picked up the card and began to read,

Hi Mama,
I know you've been really stressed out recently, so I wanted to make you a nice dinner. I've also got our favourite movie and snacks set up for afterwards.
I love that you're doing what you love a lot, but please remember to look after yourself. That's more important.
I love you so much :)

I couldn't help but tear up at this. I honestly don't deserve a daughter like her, I'm supposed to be the one looking after her, not the other way around.

Knowing what would make her smile, I began on my little idea.

It only took a couple of minutes, and so I went up to her bedroom and slid it under her door, before going back downstairs and waiting at the table for her.

Y/N's pov:
I was sat on my bed, when I heard shuffling from outside. It then went silent, and I noticed a letter had been shoved under my door.

I already knew who it was from, and a small smile made its way onto my face. I got out of bed and opened it.

Hi my sweet girl,
I'm really really sorry for yelling at you. I hope you know I didn't mean any of what I said. I'm just super stressed at the moment and I know it's no excuse, but that's the truth.
As an apology will you join me downstairs so we can eat the delicious meal you cooked and then watch the film. I miss hanging out with you.
I love you so so much more

I put the letter in my pocket and went downstairs. Immediately I was met with a hug from mum. We stayed like that for a while, it was nice. I haven't hugged her like that in ages.

She pulled away, kissed me on the forehead and then we made our way to eat.

The rest of the night was filled with laughter and cuddles. It was nice to see mum relaxed for once, and even better to finally spend time with her.

Authors note
I'm too lazy to end this properly, so I know the ending is bad.