Period (NR)

Y/N's pov:I woke up this morning with really bad stomach ache, which was weird considering I don't usually get them

Y/N's pov:
I woke up this morning with really bad stomach ache, which was weird considering I don't usually get them.

After much deliberation and fuss, I rolled out of bed, groaning at the pain. I trudged over to the bathroom and shut the door. Pulling my trousers down, I sat down on the toilet and my eyes drifted towards the floor. That's when I saw something. There was blood everywhere in my pants. I didn't know what to do. This has never happened before. Was I dying? Many thoughts rushed through my head as I debated what to do.

I had probably been sat there for 5 mins before I made any movement. It wasn't good moment, instead I let out a loud scream as my stomach filled with pain. At this point I had tears streaming down my face - it felt like I was giving birth and I didn't even know what that felt like, so I was only guessing.

Suddenly my mum burst through the door, took one look at my situation and burst out laughing. This didn't amuse me at all, so I shouted at her "Mum this isn't funny, I'm dying and you're laughing about it!"

She met my eyes and gave me a smirk. Walking out of the room, she shouted "I'll be back in a second."

Sticking to her word, she came back pretty quickly and she was carrying a funny looking packet. "Why do you have a packet mum?" I questioned her.

Once again she let out a small chuckle before explaining that it was a pad and that I put it in my pants to stop the blood getting on them. She left the room and let me do that.

When I had finished, I washed my hands and went to sit next to mum on the bed. "Mum how can I stop myself from dying."

She looked at me with shock, but then a look of realisation came over her face. "Baby you aren't dying, you're just having your period." She explained to me.

I looked at her like she was crazy. "What's a period?"

She instantly began telling me what it was. I was so shocked that we have it once a month for the next like 40 years of our lives. That just didn't sit right with me. What did men have except big egos? Nothing, how's that fair?

I cuddled up into her side as I was hit with another wave of pain. Seeing this, she pulled out a box from behind her. "I made this a few months ago. It's got everything you'll need while having your period. It includes tablets for your cramps, chocolates, pads, movies, drinks, and a little teddy I got for you." She told me.

I began crying - I wasn't sure why. "Mum why am I crying?" She chuckled before answering "You're hormones are all over the place so you will have mood swings my love." That made sense, I wasn't usually this much of a wuss.

I groaned and yelled "I hate periods."

"Me too Y/N, me too." Is all I heard in reply.