Divorce (SJ)

You were sat upstairs in your bedroom alone, all you could hear from downstairs was your mum and Colin arguing

You were sat upstairs in your bedroom alone, all you could hear from downstairs was your mum and Colin arguing. They'd been doing that a lot recently and each time you would just be up in your bedroom sobbing, they wouldn't notice anyway as they were too busy shouting at each other.

"I hate you!" "If you hate me so much then why don't we get a divorce!" Was all that could be heard from downstairs. It had been going on for what felt like hours.

These words made you cry even harder, you loved Colin a lot. Even though you are only 9, you knew that if they got a divorce you would never see Colin again as you weren't his biological child.

Your mum had already had one divorce, and it broke both of you. She was crying for weeks, and you were crying because he had left and broken your mums heart. You hated seeing her sad. She was your best friend.

Soon after these words were said, footsteps were heard coming up the stairs straight to your bedroom. You knew it was your mum. She knocked on the door and came in, sitting down next to you on the bed.

You looked at her. She had red puffy eyes and tear marks down her cheeks. It broke your heart seeing her like this. You pulled her into a hug and just sobbed into her chest. No matter what, you knew she would always be there.

"Mum, are you and Colin getting a divorce?" You asked her. She took a deep breath before saying, "I don't know baby, but remember what ever happens, you'll always have me. Forever."

She smiled at you and you smiled back before laying your head on her chest, drifting into a deep sleep.

Authors note
Again I know this is short and bad, I'm trying to get through all my requests so I can open them back up.

But on a better note, thankyou so much for 40k. Wtf. It's so crazy, I never thought this would happen.