'Doesn't that count for something?' (SJ)

*You are 15*

*You are 15*

Y/N's pov:
These past few weeks, I've been hanging around with my Lizzie more. The reason being that her boyfriend recently broke up with her, and I've been trying to cheer her up. She's my godmother but also built in bestfriend, and so I hate seeing her sad.

"Mum I'm going out!" I yelled down the stairs before walking down and standing in front of my mum. Who, bearing in mind, now looked slightly angry but also upset.

"Y/N you're not going out!" She slightly shouted at me.

Taken aback, I gave her a dirty look before yelling back, "Yes I am mum. I'm going to see..

Before I could finish, she cut me off, "Yes I know you're going to see Lizzie. As always, nothing new there!"

"Okay, what about it. She needs me and so I'm going to go and see her!"

At this point, we were in a full on shouting match. Both of us just now angry.

"Yeh well I need you too Y/N. Goddammit, I haven't hung out with you in weeks. I need to spend time with MY daughter. Which in case you hadn't realised, that's you! And where have you been, hanging out with Lizzie. I get it. She's your godmother, but I'm your mum, doesn't that count for something?"

I looked into her eyes, only to be met with them full of tears. God I felt so bad, I didn't even realise that I'd basically been ignoring her.

"Mum I'm so sorry. I didn't even realise. I got so caught up with making sure Lizzie was okay, I forgot to check in with you. If you ever feel like this again, please tell me. I hate seeing you upset. I'm going to ring Lizzie and tell her I can't come over. I love you so much mum, please remember that."

She pulled me into her embrace and whispered in my ear, "I love you more baby. Sorry for yelling at you."

That's when I knew everything would be okay. We have each other. And that's what matters.