Anxiety (SJ)

Warnings - panic attack

Y/N's pov:
I've been an actress in marvel movies since Iron Man came out. I was only 2 when I started meaning I've been doing this longer than my mum. It's crazy to think that so many people have seen me grow up - like they've seen me in the movies, in interviews, at premiers, award shows and things like that.

It shocks people when I tell them I have really bad anxiety as being an actress involves lots of talking to people and overwhelming concepts. The thing is, I've gotten very good at hiding it, only some of the marvel cast can tell when I'm having a panic attack or feel anxious. These people include my mum, Robert and Chris Evans. I've known them the longest so they've gotten pretty good at reading my emotions.

Today I have an interview, it's with my mum so it should be okay, but I woke up feeling really anxious today. There is no reason for me feeling like this, it just feels like I could have a panic attack at any second.

I rolled out of bed, and forced myself to get in the shower. I had no motivation to do anything today, but I know that I need to as it's for my job.

After my shower I got dressed into some black wide leg jeans and a brown crop top. I slipped on my white Air Force 1s (basic outfit I know) and made my way downstairs. I hadn't seen my mum all morning so I wasn't even sure if she was home.

"Hey Y/N, you ready to go?" A voice who I assumed was my mother's said to me, scaring me. "Omg mum you scared the shit out of me, but yes I'm ready." "Hey watch your language." She teased me. I rolled my eyes at her and made my way to the car.

The whole car ride was pretty silent, except for the music playing in the background, we didn't talk. My breathing was starting to get out of control, but I managed to make it look like I was okay. "Sweetie are you okay?" She asked me. All I managed to do was nod in return. To be honest, I'm not sure my mum believed me, but she didn't push me any further which I was grateful for.

We arrived at the place around 20mins later and as we stepped out of the car flashes were seen everywhere. My hands began to shake and my eyes were all blurry from the camera flashes but also from the tears I was trying to hide.

Suddenly someone grabbed my hand and began using their thumb to stroke my hand - instantly I knew it was my mum and so I began to calm down. I managed to get my breathing back to pretty much normal and we began walking into the building.

Once we got in, me and mum made our way to the makeup room. We had already got our clothes on for the interview at home meaning we didn't have to get changed. They never really put a lot of makeup on me as I was still 15, so it only took around 5 mins and mums took 10 mins so we were done relatively quickly. 
This meant we could just sit and and chill in the room until they called us for the interview, leaving me with my thoughts.

We were at Jimmy Fallon so I knew a lot of people would be watching this which scared me. What if I had a panic attack? Even worse what if they could tell? What if everyone hates me? Again I felt my breathing start to become out of control, pains filled my chest as I tried to breathe.

The next thing I knew I was sat on my mums lap, my head against her chest listening to her calming heart beat. She was rubbing my back and whispering to me.

"Thank you mama." I managed to whisper out. She pulled me away from her a little bit so she could look at me and said "Are you sure you want to do this, you don't have to. We can cancel it or I can just go on if you'd rather?"

I took a deep breath and replied "I'll be okay, you're there with me so it will be fine." She nodded her head at me and just hugged me closer. It was times like these where I was so grateful to have her as my mum - she always knew what to do and how to help me.

We sat there for around another 5 mins, just talking, before they called us to the stage area. Mum didn't let go of my hand, as she knew this helped me.

"Please welcome The Johanssons!"

This was our queue. Me and mum walked out hand in hand, making everyone awe. People went crazy when they saw us. This made me very overwhelmed, it was all too much. They were literally going wild and there wasn't even that many people.

I managed to get to the sofa and sat down next to mum. She wrapped her arm around my waist before getting comfy.

He asked us several questions each, I managed to answer them okay. However as time went on I was becoming increasingly anxious.

My foot began tapping and not long after my hands were shaking. I held them together, in order to try and hide it, but I could see mum giving me side glances. Suddenly it all went quiet and that's when I knew this was going to be bad. My breathing got really quick and the pains filled my chest again. My eyes filled with tears and blurred my vision and I couldn't see. I didn't know what to do.

Scarlett's pov:
Half way through the interview I noticed my daughter getting more and more anxious. I knew where this would lead: a panic attack. She'd already had a few mini ones today but still insisted on doing the interview.

I saw all the signs of having a panic attack, her leg started bobbing up and down and I could see her hands shaking. She clasped them together to try and stop it but this didn't help. Next thing I heard was her breathing pick up and that's when I knew it was bad.

Jimmy tried to ask her a question but I knew she was having a big panic attack and therefore couldn't hear. I now knew I needed to help her.

I grabbed one of her hands and held it in mine, rubbing my thumb along her knuckles. I then pulled her closer in towards me so she could focus on my heart rate. Once I had done that she looked up at me, her big eyes filled with tears. I started whispering to her "Shh baby it will be okay. Just breathe." She started to breathe with me and I managed to calm her down enough for her to be present in the conversation.

Of course I then had to explain to Jimmy what this was all about. I looked at Y/N and she nodded her head signalling I could tell him. I explained the whole story to him and said that we would be going now.

He tried to get me to stay but I firmly reminded him that my daughter needed to leave so I would be. With that we walked out of the building and made our way home.

Authors note
Sorry for the rushed ending, I didn't really know what to write.

I haven't proof read so please let me know if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes.