Colins daughter (SJ)

Scarlett's pov:I've been living for Colin and his daughter Y/N for a around 6 months now

Scarlett's pov:
I've been living for Colin and his daughter Y/N for a around 6 months now. Me and Colin have been absolutely fine, we get along really well. However with his daughter it's a different story. She wants nothing to do with me. I've tried everything but nothing works. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I decided that today I would try and hang out with Y/N. Walking over to her bedroom, I knocked on her door. I heard a small "Come in." and so I walked into her room to see her sat on her bed watching tv.

She looked up and just stared at me. I hesitantly walked over to her and sat next to her. "So um I was wondering if you wanted to come shopping with me."

We sat there in silence before she broke it by saying, "No sorry."

I looked down, tears clouding my vision. "Alright. I'll see you later." I said to her before walking out of her room.

Immediately I went downstairs and sat next to Colin. I cuddled closer to him and my tears began to fall. He started rubbing my back, "What's wrong baby?"

I choked out, "She hates me. What have I done wrong? Why does she never want to hang out with me? I just want to bond with her but every time I suggest something she shuts it down."

Y/N's pov:
I felt bad turning Scarlett down again, but I just couldn't. Not yet. After she left my room, I waited a while before following her downstairs and sitting there.

"She hates me. What have I done wrong? Why does she never want to hang out with me? I just want to bond with her but every time I suggest something she shuts it down." I heard her sob out.

My dad cupped her face before saying, "I don't know Scar. Just give her more time please, this is hard for her."

Scarlett nodded her head and curled up more into his side. I had to admit, they were so cute together. I was happy my dad finally found someone good.

I carefully made my way back to my room and back onto my bed. I felt so awful for never hanging out with her, especially now I know how she feels.

>time skip to the next day<

Today was the day. I was going to put my fears and insecurities aside and hang out with Scarlett. Dad is at work today, so it's just me and Scarlett meaning it's a good time to get to know her.

I rolled out of bed and got changed, doing my morning routine.

Taking a deep breath, I began walking downstairs. Scarlett was sat on the sofa watching a movie. I made my way over to her, sat down and cuddled into her. She looked down at me clearly shocked, but didn't say anything. Instead she wrapped her arm around me and pulled me closer.

Scarlett's pov:
Y/N came down and cuddled into my side. I was honestly so shocked, but I knew better than to question it. I wrapped my arm around her, and pulled her closer, letting her snuggle into me.

We sat in silence for a while, just watching the movie, before she began talking.

"I just wanted to let you know that I don't hate you. At all. I actually really like you, I think you're really good for my dad and I'm happy he found someone nice. The reason I haven't hung out with you is because of my mum. I know you don't know about her so I'll tell you. Me, her and dad were a happy family until I turned 10. One day she just got up and left. No note. Nothing. This really affected me. I've been too scared to talk to you, in fear that I get close to you, like I did with my mum, and then one day you'd just leave. Like she did. I'm really sorry that I treated you how I did. You don't deserve it at all, you've been nothing but sweet to me and I've said no to hanging out so many times. I love you."

By the end of her speech we were both in tears. I started running my hands through her hair trying to calm her down.

"Y/N I'm so sorry, I didn't know. You didn't deserve to go through that, but trust me I have no intention of leaving. I love you and your dad so much. Don't worry about not wanting to hang out, you're here now. That's all that matters. We can build our relationship from here, moving on from the past. I love you, never forget that."

-

We sat there together, watching the movie and making jokes, forgetting about the past 6 months. Her knowing I wouldn't leave, and me knowing she doesn't hate me.