College (SJ)

*I changed it a little bit, hope you don't mind*

Y/N's pov:
In 3 days I am going to college. I'm excited but nervous at the same time as I'm only 17. I also don't know how mum will be. She'll be living alone. It's always been me and her so I'm not sure how she'll cope.

I'm a little bit worried as mum hasn't mentioned me leaving yet - she hasn't even help me pack. Thinking about it, she hasn't even been around recently. She always seems to be out.

>time skip to 3 days later<

Today's the day. I'm starting to think mum doesn't even care that I'm going. I've barely seen her these last few days, she literally hasn't spoken to me.

I rolled out of bed and looked at the time. It was 2pm. I laughed when I saw how late it was.

I trudged downstairs to get some breakfast. As I walked into the kitchen, I noticed a note. I picked it up and decided to read it.

Hey Y/N, hope you're okay! Sorry I wasn't there when you woke up, I'm out for the day. However, I'll be back later so I'll see you then and we can eat tea together.

Love you, Mum x

I was in shock. She really did forget what today is. So she doesn't speak to me for days and now she's forgetting things that are really important to me. I was so angry. I bet she doesn't even have a good excuse.

Well if she's too busy, then I'm going to go by myself. I got all my boxes, put them in the car and left. No note. Nothing. I was fed up with my mums behaviour.

Scarlett's pov:
"Y/N, sorry I'm late!" I called out to my daughter as I shut the door of our house. Yes, it was 11pm but I knew she'd be awake.

I waited for a while but didn't get a reply which was strange. So I decided to go upstairs to see I'd she was in her room. I knocked on her door and once again waited for her to reply. But all I heard was silence.

Fed up of this, I walked straight into her room. It was pretty much empty. Everything had gone off the walls, shelves and draws. To say I was confused was an understatement. It's not like her to get up and leave without telling me.

I got out my phone and tried to call her, but I didn't get an answer. I couldn't be bothered to deal with her dramatics today, so I just decided to go to bed.

Y/N's pov:
After around 1 hour drive I finally arrived at the college. I made a few trips between the car and my dorm as I had quite a few boxes. But once I had them all in my room, I immediately began unpacking and sorting my room out.

My phone rang, stopping me from continuing what I was doing. I quickly glanced at the time and realised how long I had been working for.

I grabbed my phone to see who was calling me and to my annoyance it was my mum. I quickly declined the call as I really didn't want to speak to her today. Instead I crawled into bed and let sleep take over.

>time skip to the morning<

I woke up in a really bad mood today. I realised that I had to go home to collect more of my things. This meant seeing my mum and I know she would question me.

Deciding to get this over with, I got into the car and began the journey back to my house.

Scarlett's pov:
I heard a car pull up in the driveway so I assumed it was my daughter arriving home. To say I was pissed was being polite. She had just left without leaving a note or even answering my calls.

She pushed open the front door and immediately walked to the stairs. Not even a hello.

"Uh uh where do you think you've been?" I asked her.

Angrily she turned her head around, "No. Where do you think you've been!?"

I was taken back by her anger. She's never shouted at me before.

"That's no way to talk to your mother!" I retorted.

All she did was laugh. I didn't say anything funny. Then she began walking up the stairs. "Hey we aren't done here!" I shouted up to her. "Why are you laughing!"

"Hmm why am I laughing. Let's see. Well maybe my so called mother forgot something really important yesterday. Maybe she forgot about me for days, not even speaking to me. So yeh. That's what's funny." She yelled at me, tears filling her eyes.

Shit. Then it hit me. She was meant to be going to college yesterday and I had missed it. God what's wrong with me.

"Oh my god. Baby I'm so so sorry!"

That's when tears started streaming down her face and she choked out, "Do you even have an excuse?"

I sat down on the sofa and patted the seat next to me. She slowly made her way over and sat down.

I looked her in the eyes, "Yes. Yes I do. It's not the best but it's the truth."

She raised her eyebrow at me. Signalling I should continue.

"I've been worried about this day for months. Worried what would happen to us when you move out. Even more worried about what I would do when you're not here. It's always been me and you. For 17 years it's been no one else. So because of this, I did everything in my power to try and forget this day was coming up. But it ended up me pushing you away and then being a shitty mother. I know it's no excuse, but I really am sorry. You know I love you more than life itself"

By the end of it we were both sobbing and sitting in silence. When suddenly Y/N launched herself into my arms and clung onto me.

"Mum, it's okay I forgive you. But you could have just told me how you were feeling. You know that nothing will change between us, you're my best friend. You've been my rock, my person for 17 years. Nothing can break that. I love you so much." She said to me.

I hugged her back, and for the rest of the day we watched movies cuddled up on the sofa.