Adoption (SJ)

- Just making it clear

- Just making it clear. I don't think there is anything wrong with having a child when young. This is just for the sake of the story. -

13years ago
Scarlett's pov:
"No, I can't. Just please take her away." I sobbed out. I had just given birth to a beautiful baby girl but I'm putting her up for adoption - I'm too young to be a mum, I'm only 22 and my career has just started to get big. I couldn't look after a child on top of my work load, it just wouldn't be fair to her.

The nurses took her away, I didn't even look at her, I couldn't. That was the last time I saw her.

Present day
Everyday I regret giving up my daughter. I've missed so much, all her birthdays, her first word, first steps, literally everything. I wasn't there to see any of that.

Most days I cry about it, but it's my fault, I was the one who put her up for adoption. I was the one who didn't even look at her when she was born. She was crying out for my attention, and I didn't even glance at her. Not even for a second. In the first few minutes of being a mum, I had already failed miserably.

Thinking about it all just made me feel so much worse. I wasn't sure if she was having a good life, or where she lived, or even what she looked like.

That's when I decided I would try and find her, reach out to her, maybe she would want to see me. I'm not sure, I wouldn't blame her if she didn't - I've been a pretty bad mum so far.

>time skip to when she goes to find her<

Today's the day, I'm going to go and meet her daughter. Her name is Y/N, she's 13, and looks a lot like me. She likes acting and singing as well, so apparently we are more alike that I realised.

As I pulled up to her house, my heart was beating so fast. I was honestly really scared, I'd spoken to her foster mum, and she said that Y/N should be fine after a while but I'm not sure what will happen.

I walked up the front door and knocked on it. After a few seconds, a young girl, who I guessed was Y/N answered the door. She was so beautiful, and it was almost like I was staring at a younger version of myself. "Miss Johansson, how can I help you?" She said, drawing me out of her thoughts. I took a deep breathe before replying "hi, I'm here to talk to you please can I come in."

With that, she stepped to the side to let me in, I walked into the house and waited for her to join me. She walked me into what looked like a living room and we sat down opposite each other. "So I guess you want to know why I'm here." I awkwardly stuttered out. She blankly stared at me, not looking very impressed, before raising one eyebrow at me.

I composed myself before telling her everything, why I gave her up, how much I regretted it, just the whole story. By the end of it I was crying. I looked up at her and she looked angry, but her eyes displayed sadness.

She jumped out of her seat before shouting "You've seriously come here after 13 years because you want me to be your daughter. You abandoned me, I'd just been born, and you told someone to take me away. You said you didn't even look at me, why should I come back to someone who left me before I had chance to prove I was good enough for them. I have everything I need here. My parents are here. You'll never be. Just because you are famous doesn't mean you can get everything you want. You should have thought about the consequences before you gave me up. How do you think I feel knowing that my mum gave me up because her career was just getting big? Now please leave!"

My heart broke at her words. Everything she said was true, it didn't mean it hurt any less though. I had tears streaming down my face, I would never get to know my daughter - she won't even give me a chance. I guess I deserved that, she was right, I didn't even give her a chance to see if our life would work, I just told someone to take her away and that was it.

Shakily I stood up, my face still red and puffy from crying and choked out "well I guess this is goodbye then." With that I then walked out of the door and to my car, glancing back at the house one more time to see my daughter stood at the window watching me walk away, with tears rolling down her face. I got into my car, and completely broke down. I felt like my heart had just been ripped out.

Starting the engine, I looked at the house again before driving away.

Authors note
Hope you enjoyed this! Sorry it took a few days to write, I've been super busy.
Should I make a part 2 to this?