Pandemic (SJ)

Scarlett's pov:"Mama can we go and see Amy" my daughter questioned as she looked up at me

Scarlett's pov:
"Mama can we go and see Amy" my daughter questioned as she looked up at me. I sighed, not knowing how to explain to a 3 year old that we are in the middle of a pandemic and so we can't see anyone.

"Y/N hunny, we're not allowed to go and see Amy" I said to her, knowing this wouldn't end well.

She paused for a second, thinking, and then asked me, "Who said that mama?"

"The people in charge baby. Everyone has to stay in their home and can't see anyone for a while."

She looked me dead in the eyes and I could see hers filling with tears. "You mean I can't see Amy for a long time?"

"Yes Y/N, we won't be able to go and see Amy for a long time." I responded, using her words.

That's when it went downhill. She immediately began sobbing and flailing herself around.

I tried to pick her up off of the floor, but she began shouting at me in her cute little baby voice.

"No mama that's not fair!"

"I want to see Amy now!"

"Please Mama"

When I was positive she had tired herself out, I scooped her off of the floor and put her on my hip. She hid her face in the crook of my neck and I could feel her tears wetting my shoulder.

I began rubbing her back and said, "I know baby, it's not fair but it's the rules. We have to follow them. Do you understand?" I questioned her and in response I got some sniffles and a small yes.

"How about we watch movies and cuddle for the rest of the day? How does that sound?"

She lifted her head out of my neck and nodded it at me, bringing her thumb up to her mouth.

I sat down on the sofa and put Y/N next to me. She cuddled up further into my embrace as I started putting the film on.

That's how the rest of the day went, watching films and just having lots of cuddles. She was still grumpy about the whole Amy situation but at least she wasn't having a tantrum anymore.