Adoption p.2 (SJ)

Y/N pov:
As soon as my 'mum' walked out of the door I burst out crying. I couldn't stop thinking had I done the right thing? Should I have given her a chance? I didn't know what to do - she had given me up, but at the end of the day she was my mum and I did want to get to know her. The fact that she was famous did bother me slightly, if people found out about me then there would be a lot of questions, and then would she leave me again.

I waited for my mum and dad to get home and spoke to them about it, we all decided it would be best to leave it for a few days and then get in contact with her, she had left her number hoping that I would call her.

>time skip to 3 days later<

Today was the day, I was going to call her. God I was so nervous. Slowly I picked up my phone and typed in her number and then clicked call. After 3 rings she picked up.

S: Hello, who is this?
Y: Its me Y/N, I was hoping we could meet somewhere, I need to talk to you!
S: Of course we can, meet me here *random cafe* at 1pm today.
Y: Okay, see you later. Bye.

Shit! I had 2 hours until I had to meet her, I honestly didn't know how to feel about the whole situation and that made me anxious.

To be honest I was shocked I never found out she was my mum, we looked almost exactly the same. People had told me this, but I had always brushed it off.

I decided to watch some of her interviews while getting ready so that I could see what she was like. I had never really been a fan of hers, I had watched a few of her movies but I never cared enough to search her up or anything like that.

Going through her interviews, I found out that she was actually really funny and that people seem to like her. This reassured me a little bit, as my personality was similar to hers so if I did decide to get to know her then I knew we would get along.

The time had come. It had been nearly 2 hours and I was on my way to the cafe. To say I was nervous was an understatement, I was terrified. I put my headphones in to try and calm me down, and before I knew it I was at the cafe doors.

Taking a deep breath I opened the door and walked in. I took a quick glance around the cafe and saw her sitting in the corner, she hadn't seen me yet so I just decided to walk up to her table.

When I got to her, she looked up at me and smiled, she didn't look nervous but I bet she was. I sat down opposite her and began my second speech that I had done to her.

"Look I'm going to get straight to the point and tell you what I want you to know. So after lots of careful thinking I have decided to give you a chance and get to know you. I don't forgive you for what you have done yet, but in time I will be able to. I'm hoping by giving you the chance to get to know you that you won't just get up and leave again, I'm trusting you not to do that. Personally I don't care what you say to the paparazzi as whatever you do say will probably end up making you look bad not me. I've never actually really been a fan of yours, I've seen a few movies but that's it. However while I was getting ready today I watched some of your interviews and you seem funny and people like you. We do have a similar personality so I hope we will get along.
In time, I think I will be able to fully trust and accept you but that's only if you let me."

I finished my speech and looked at her dead in the eyes. She nodded and agreed to get to know me, she also promised that she wouldn't leave again.

After that conversation, everything went more smoothly. We talked for hours and it turns out we actually have a lot in common, it wasn't even awkward.

>time skip to 3 months later<

Me and my mum. Yes I finally call her mum now, have been getting on really well. I see her a few times a week, and I've stayed over at her house a lot.

This week, we agreed that I would go round there for a week as we are going to start our new schedule. Her and my other parents decided that I would do a week at each of their houses until I wanted to spend more time with her.

I was shocked, my parents didn't mind me staying there for as long as I liked, and getting to know her wasn't a problem for them. They just wanted me to be happy.

Authors note
Here's part 2! Hope you liked it, sorry for the rushed ending. I wrote this in like 5 mins as I had a break from my revision.

Thankyou so so much for 11k. It's insane!