Prank gone wrong (NR)

Y/n's pov:I was waiting for my mum to get home

Y/n's pov:
I was waiting for my mum to get home. Although she is one of the best SHIELD agents, I still get really worried every time she goes out on a mission. What if she doesn't come back? What if she dies? These thoughts go through my head for hours while she's away.

It was the time when my mum should be getting home so I was sat in my room at the tower waiting until I could here some noise indicating that they were home.

Natasha's pov:
The team had come up with this idea - we were going to prank my daughter saying I didn't make it. This meant that while everyone else went inside to go and see her, I would hide somewhere and then come out in a bit. I honestly wasn't sure if this was a good idea, she was more than likely to have a panic attack or something over this stupid joke but Clint being Clint told me that it was fine.

As soon as we landed, the team rushed out of the quintet and to the tower. Once we made it up to the main floor I hid while the team continued walking to go and find Y/N.

Y/N's pov:
I heard the team shouting me to signal that they were home, so I ran out my room to go and greet everyone, a massive smile on my face. My smile dropped as soon as I saw everyone but my mum and them all looking sad.

Tears sprung to my eyes, but I didn't let them fall. I took a deep breath before saying "where is my mum?" The team all looked at each other before Clint stepped forwards and said "we're really sorry Y/N but she didn't make it."

All of a sudden I felt like I couldn't breathe. My vision clouded over and I fell to the floor just sobbing.

*idk how to write panic attacks so I'm going to skip it*

Natasha's pov:
I couldn't hear what was going on so I just sat down waiting until I could come out. All of a sudden Clint came rushing in shouting "Y/N is having a panic attack, come quick!" We both jumped up and ran as fast as we could towards my daughter.

When I got there I got onto the floor with her and pulled her into a hug. "Baby I'm here. It was just a joke. Take a deep breath." Once she saw me, she calmed down a little bit and looked at me. The next thing she said broke my heart

"Mum I thought you were dead."

I just pulled her in for another hug and we both sat there enjoying each other's warmth.