Volleyball pt.1 (SJ)

Y/N's pov:The game starts in 30 mins and she's still not here

Y/N's pov:
The game starts in 30 mins and she's still not here. This is big for our team, the first time we have made it to the championships. I need her here. She promised. She promised she would be here.

One week ago

I walked into my mums office. I know she's busy, but I need to know the answer.

She looked up at me and smiled. "Hey baby. Are you okay?"

I took a deep breath and just went for it. "Next week, is the volleyball championships. It's the first time my team has ever made it there. Would you be able to come and watch? It's on Friday night at 5pm."

She looked down at her planner and then back up at me. "Of course, I wouldn't miss it. I'll clear my schedule okay."She pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

"Thankyou mama." I mumbled into her chest, before getting up and leaving the room. Excited for what next week brings.

Present day

I feel like I shouldn't be surprised. She's either at work, or busy with Rose and Colin. I guess that's her new family. I'm not really included that much. It's probably my fault.

'Okay Y/N. Deep breaths. You can do this. You don't need her here.' I repeated in my head while walking onto the court with the rest of the team.

>time skip to after the game<

Our team won! And to top it off, I scored the winning point.

Everyone is going to a restaurant to celebrate, but I'm going to go home and see what mum is doing, and why she wasn't here. It better be important.

~

I arrived at home after 20 mins of walking. Mums car was in the driveway, so I assume that she's doing work in her office today rather than on set.

I walked through the door, only to see mum, Rose and Colin in the living room. All playing together. Of course that's what she was doing. My game doesn't matter when it comes to her perfect 5 year old daughter.

Tears immediately filled my eyes. It hurts. I'm only 11. I still need her, but I'm not sure if she cares.

Mum looked up at me, no guilt on her face at all. She has no idea what she's done. What she missed. She's sat there as if nothing has happened. Classic.

I looked her dead in the eyes and spat out, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Authors note
The ending of this one shot is up to you. Please comment if you want a good ending, where Scarlett apologises and we forgive her. Or one where we don't.

* the ending has been decided and is being written. thankyou to those who commented.