Hydra base surprise (NR)

Natasha's pov:I kicked down the last door in the base and was met with a loud scream

Natasha's pov:
I kicked down the last door in the base and was met with a loud scream. Turning around, I was surprised when there was no one behind me. I walked into the room, gun ready, and began looking for where the scream came from.

A whimper from the corner finally made it clear, I made my way over and a girl, probably aged 10, was huddled up there ;  a torn top covering her very bruised body.

I put my gun away and crouched down in front of her. Reaching my hand towards her, I gently said "Hey it's okay, I'm here to help you. What's your name?"

My palm gently made contact with her cheek and she lent into my touch, making it very clear that she was touch deprived. I saw her took a deep breath and she managed to get out a small "Y/N."

I couldn't help but smile at her. She was so precious. "That's a beautiful name sweetheart." It was now her turn to smile at me, her whole face lit up, showing me she hasn't had any love for a long time.

"Okay, I'm going to take you somewhere safe. Somewhere away from here. Can I lift you up?"

She thought for a moment before lifting her arms up towards me. I scooped her small body into my arms and began to leave the room.

She then whimpered and pointed back to the corner. I turned around and saw her small blanket on the floor. Quickly, I picked it up and walked out the door.

"How old are you Y/N?" I asked the girl in my arms. Once again, she stayed silent for a second before saying, "13". I was shocked, she looked so young, and was so light, but then again, she has been with Hyrda. So. It's wasn't a massive surprise either.

-

Y/N had now been with us for around 2 weeks. She is slowly opening up towards me, and starting to talk more. She stays in my room, as she trusts me most. Probably because I saved her from Hydra.

We found out that Hydra murdered her family when she was 8, and she was with them ever since.

Even though I've only known her for two weeks, I see her like a daughter. We do everything together, she's like my mini me.

>six months later<

"Mum!" I heard Y/N shout, most probably from our room. Yes, she still shares a room with me, and I don't mind at all. Also, she started calling me mum around 4 months ago, after I had told her that I see her like a daughter.

I walked into our room to find her with a hairbrush stuck in her hair. I couldn't help it, I burst into tears at the sight. This made Y/N start laughing and soon we were both in tears on the floor.

Once we had both calmed down, I sorted out her hair for her and put it into two plaits.

She dragged me onto the bed, and cuddled up into my side, playing with my hair. She looked up at me and said, "Love you mama." I kissed her forehead and replied, "love you too baby." She smiled at me and continued watching the movie.

If someone had told me 7 months ago, that I would have a daughter. I wouldn't have believed them. But I guess life always brings you the best unexpected surprises. I couldn't have asked for anything better.