"Rose, who is that?" (SJ)

Basically reader is 14 and lives in an orphanage

Basically reader is 14 and lives in an orphanage. She goes to the same school as Rose and sometimes takes care of her at school. Rose convinces Scarlett to go to one of their school plays that Y/N is in. During the play, Rose is cheering for Y/N and Scarlett is confused. Afterwards, Scarlett asks Rose about Y/N and Rose tells her everything. They invite Y/N to hang out with them and eventually Scarlett adopts them. She helps Y/N with her auditions and then Y/N gets a big part.

Y/N's pov:
Once again I've just finished another bad day at school. No one at school really likes me as I'm an orphan. I personally don't think it's a bad thing, however the kids at school make fun of me for having no parents. The only friend I have is this girl called Rose. She's 7 and the sweetest girl I've ever met. Now I know you're thinking that's it's sad that my only friend is a 7 year old, but I'm okay with it.

Anyway, today is the schools drama performance, it's opening night and I'm playing the lead. I'm not really scared, as for some reason I don't get nervous when doing things like this. I just wish I had some family to come and see me, but I have to be grateful for what I do have I guess.

Scarlett's pov:
"Mummy, please please please can we go and see the schools play tonight?" My 7 year old daughter asked me again. She's been asking me all day if we can go and see it. I'm not against going, I'm just not sure why she wants to go so badly.

I gave in. To be honest, the play might actually be really good. "Okay baby. We can go. Make sure you are ready by 6." I told her, making a squeal come out of her mouth. At least if it's not good, then I've still made Rose happy.

-

The play was about half way through and I was honestly so shocked at how good it was. Everyone was so talented, but there was this one girl in particular who caught my eye. The one playing the lead role. She just had something about her.

She just finished her solo and everyone stood up cheering and clapping. Rose jumped out of her seat and loudly shouted "go Y/N, well done!"

I was surprised that Rose knew who that is, but I decided I would question her about it afterwards.

-

It had just ended and let's just say I loved it. A lot more than I thought I would. It's hard to believe that it was performed by a bunch of teenagers.

I looked over towards my daughter, who was smiling at that girl on stage. They looked like they knew each other well.

The girl jumped off stage and opened her arms, looking towards Rose. Rose ran into her arms, and the girl picked her up and span her around. It was very cute not going to lie.

Rose nodded at something the girl said and then ran back to me. "Baby, who's that girl?" I questioned my 7 year old.

She thought for a moment before saying, "She's one of my friends. Everyone is mean to her at school because she has no parents, so she comes and sits with me. Her names Y/N, she's really kind to me. Oh, can we invite her to eat with us tonight?"

I smiled at the fact she was so caring towards Rose, but felt bad that she didn't have an parents. An idea popped into my head, but I would have to see how tonight's dinner went.

>time skip to a few days later because I'm currently dying my hair<

Y/N's pov:
Today is the day Scarlett adopts me and I couldn't be more excited. Okay, I'll catch you up. So basically Rose told Scarlett about me, and we all went out to dinner after the show. It went really well because then Scarlett told me she's going to adopt me. I'm really really happy about it because I'm finally going to have a mum, and I'll have Rose as my younger sister. I love her so much.

"Y/N, Scarlett is here for you!" I heard the orphanage lady yelling.

I quickly gathered my bags and made my way downstairs. As soon as Scarlett saw me, she pulled me into a hug.

>time skip to a few weeks later<

"Y/N, it's time to go. Your audition starts soon!" Mum yelled at me, from the kitchen. Yes I already call her mum, I guess that's since I've never known my own mum, so I don't really feel bad. And yes, I have an audition for a movie. Mum helped me get an agent, and my agent found this.

I'm super grateful that mum adopted me. I now have the best family and couldn't be happier.

Authors note
I'm sorry this is all over the place. I wrote little bits of it over the space of a few days. Not my best piece of work, but it's 12:30 rn and I want to go to bed. So enjoy.