81- Gardening

It's looking a lot likely I will stop at 100 one shots. If I even get there at this rate.

Also warning:Most likely nothing in this is accurate to actually gardening.

Welcome to the weekly Izuocha episode.

Today we shall see what happens when the two humans try something new together.

Gardening.

Our setting begins in the two's natural habit.

"Hey Deku" Ochako placed her arms around her husband who was reading a book.

"Hey Ochako. What's up?" He asked setting his book to side to give all his attention and love to his wife like he should.

"So I was doing a bit of thinking lately and I think I found something that me and you could do that would be really exciting" She traced a finger down alongside his neck.

"Oh? And what would that happen to be?" He asked leaning back into her.

" I want us to try gardening!" Ochako jumped over the couch landing in the spot beside Izuku.

"Gardening? I never thought about doing something like that* Izuku said.

"We can grow lots do things like carrots, tomatoes, strawberries, broccoli" She listed a few food items.

"We can buy food whenever we want to. We are pro heros." He reminded her.

"C'mon Deku! It would be fun! We are a couple and we should try to do things together!" She said poking his cheek.

"Have you been reading your couples monthly magazine again?" He asked her.

"No" Ochako pushed a magazine under the couch using her foot.

"Alright I guess we can give it a try" He finally agreed to try something new with her.

So first thing they did was went to the store and bought flower pots,seeds,a watering can, and a few other items needed to grow the food probably.

Once they had everything they needed,they brought said stuff home and they began to plant.

" Alright so these strawberry seeds need to be about 1/8 inches deep into the soil" Ochako read the back of the instructions for the strawberries.

"Gotcha" Izuku dug up the dirt using a ruler to make sure he had the exact amount of depth. He than planted the seeds into the dirt and packed the dirt back up covering them.

"This seems pretty easy. How long will it take for these to grow?" Izuku asked.

"According to this about three months total. We must water them daily with about or  two inches of water" Ochako read the back some more.

"Let me see that" Ochako handed the instructions over to Izuku.

"... Ochako...this says we need to plant these during early spring. It's almost the beginning of summer." Izuku slapped his forehead.

"Oh damn... well I'm sure we can plant something... Here let's try our cherry tomatoes!" Ochako took her turn digging and planting them into the dirt this time and watered them.

"Okay now we have to do the rest of these." Izuku held some zucchini, onions, corn, and some cucumber seeds in his hands.

Ochako and Izuku worker together, planting the seeds in the right spots in the ground and also making sure to give them some water as well.

"I think we did a good job" Ochako rubbed her hands on her apron.

"We should probably wait for the plants to grow before we say things like that,but I think so as well"He agreed with her as they looked over they're hard work.

"Want to go get some McDonald's?" Ochako suggested.

"Sure" He agreed and they got cleaned up and went to McDonald's for some food.

And so got the next few weeks they watered their crops at the appropriate time, unless it rained doing their job for them.

One time though there was a lot of rain that could have caused a problem.

When that happened Izuku took the hoe,not Ochako, and dug a few holes leading the water out of their garden so their plants didn't get drowned.

About two three later...

"Deku!  Come here!" Ochako called from outside.

"WHAT'S WRONG!?" He came flying outside with his quirk already activated thinking something was wrong.

"Nothing is wrong! In fact something is great! Check out the plants!" Ochako pointed at their garden.

Izuku walked over to her to take a better look at their garden.

Several spots had small leaves poking out from the ground,and the pre plants they had had grown by a good amount.

" Our plants are growing! We are actually gardening together!" She had a really cute smile all across her face.

"I guess that is pretty neat. Although we gotta be careful that when stuff starts coming that bugs could come and eat them" He said.

"I looked up on the internet several ways. We can keep the plants clean so it gets rid of any dirt or eggs they can leave behind." Ochako explained to him.

"Alright we just gotta keep going than. " Izuku grabbed the watering can.

They continued to take care of their plants by either watering, cleaning,or even getting rid of water near the plants.

And than about a month and half later.

Ochako and Izuku stood right outside their garden with two smiles.

They're plants had finally grown to full size and were now sprouting crops.

"We finally did it!" Ochako grabbed onto Izuku's hand in pure joy.

"Let's get started with picking them." Izuku grabbed a basket for them to put their crops inside.

They spent the next few minutes taking all the crops down and placing them inside their basket. Once that was done they brought the basket inside and they made sure to wash the food once again.

"What should we try first?" Izuku asked looking at their choices.

"Let's try the tomatoes!" She picked up two of the cherry tomatoes giving one to Izuku and keeping one for herself.

They than placed the whole thing in their mouths and tasted it.

"...I think I may have been eating too much store brand foods" Ochako said as she ate it.

"It's not bad. Just different from what we were are used to. First our first time I think they taste good. Here let's try a onion" Izuku picked up one of the onions and chopped it up.

"No thanks. I don't like to eat onions on their own." Ochako declined the onions.

"Suit yourself" He tried the onion on his own which tasted pretty good as well.

They both sampled some more of the food,but made sure to not eat everything at once.

Once they were satisfied they put what the had in their fridge.

"Hey Ochako. I think this could be something we can do from now on,at least when it's time to grow food. It was actually pretty fun to grow our own food" Izuku said leaning on the kitchen table.

" And we can save money! A win win!" Ochako said happily.

Izuku leaned in to give her a kiss but she gently pushed him aside.

"No way. You have onion breathe" Ochako held her nose.

And that is all for this week's episode of the Izuocha Life.

Tune in next week when we watch our two lovers decide to play a prank on Bakugo.

And for my next trick I will make myself disappear for a certain amount of unspecified time.

Alakazam!