Sage Durbasha's Curse

Meanwhile in Himalaya

Devi Sangya was chanting Devi Parvati's name. She was doing her penance in a forest in Himalayas. One day she was chanting Devi Parvati's name and suddenly Sage Durbasha came there.

Sage Durbasha- 'Devi, I am Sage Durbasha, please give me some alms.'

But Devi Sangya was so immersed in her meditation that she did not hear his demand. Sage Durbasha was known for his anger. Feeling insulted he cursed Devi Sangya 'Devi you insulted me, so I cursed you. The son whom you are yearning for will not bear from your womb.' Suddenly a bright light fell on that place and Devi Parvati came in front of them.

Devi Parvati – 'Sage Durbasha, how dare you cursed my devotee

Devi Parvati – 'Sage Durbasha, how dare you cursed my devotee. She is in deep meditation and don't you know that it is forbidden to disturb someone in their penance. It is you who did wrong by asking for alms here. I will not spare you.'

Sage Durbasha – 'Devi please forgive me. I know what I did was wrong. Though I cannot take my curse back, I can lessen the effect. The son may not take birth from Devi Sangya's womb, but he will be a great person and he will always love and respect Devi Sangya more than anything else in the world. He will be known as Devi Sangya's son. His love for his mother will become legendary.'

After sage Durbasha left from there Devi Parvati asked Devi Sangya to open her eyes.

Devi Parvati – 'Putri Sangya, I am very pleased with you. Please ask me for a boon.'

Devi Sangya opened her eyes and she was overjoyed by seeing Devi Parvati in front of her.

Devi Sangya – 'Mata I want a son who shall have the radiance and power like my husband. He shall be handsome, strong, intelligent, pure, righteous, and courageous. But even having all qualities of Devas he shall be humble and respectful to others. Mata, I want a son whom adharm can never touch. But I also want him to stay with me in Suryalok. He shall never go away from me.'

Devi Parvati smiled and said – 'Putri it is impossible to have everything you wish. I can bless you with a son who will have the power and radiance of your husband. Who will be handsome, strong, intelligent, pure, righteous, and courageous. But putri I cannot assure you that he will always stay at Suryalok because this son of yours is destined to be a great hero. For that, he has to leave you. But let me assure you one thing. Once his duty towards humanity is fulfilled, he will come back to Suryalok.'

Devi Sangya – ' Mata I am blessed that you chose my son to fight for humanity. Okay, I agree with your blessing.'

Devi Parvati – 'Putri Sangya, from today both you and Suryadev should start a puja for tridev and trideviyan. On the seventh day, a part of your inner strength will enter inside Suryadev and his radiance will increase. At that time both of you shall exchange your powers and then both of your powers will be mixed and only then you can have your desired son.'