Varanavat

Shri Krishna and his family were welcomed in Hastinapur. Duryodhana arranged the welcoming of guests quite well. Krishna was impressed as Karna managed to convince Duryadhana to contribute to the preparation. The next day Krishna met with Maharaj, Bheesm, Vidur, Dronacharya and Kripacharya and discussed the problem with Jarasandha. They all agreed that it was necessary to stop Jarasandha, so they decided after the coronation they should send a letter to Jarasandha asking him to release all the kings. If he did not agree then he would wage a war against him.

 If he did not agree then he would wage a war against him

On the day of the coronation, everyone was busy. After completing all rituals Yudhishtir was crowned as the Yuvraj. Kuru elders, Gandhari, Kunti, and Pandavas were very happy, everyone congratulated him. Then Maharaj Dhritarashtra asked Yudhishtir to travel to Varanavat after a few days as every year the King of Hastinapur held a special puja there for the kingdom's welfare. Yudhishtir agreed. After the coronation and grand feast, Krishna got a chance to meet Kunti and the Pandavas.   

Krishna, 'Pranaam bua, how are you? Pranaam jyasht Yudhishtir, Bheem. Congratulation bhrata Yudhishtir.'

Yudhishtir, 'Thank you for coming here Vasudev. I am honored to finally meet the great Dwarkadish.'

Krishna, 'The honor is all mine. How are you Arjun, Nakul and Sahadev?'

Everyone especially Arjun was happy to meet Krishna. Arjun immediately befriended him. Later at night both of them sat outside the palace to enjoy the silence and take some rest. 

Krishna, 'Arjun, I knew about your prowess in archery. You have achieved quite a fame in this young age.'

Then he realized that Arjun was a little tense when he mentioned archery. So he asked, 'What happened Parth? Why are you tensed?'

Arjun 'Kanha, I trained hard to become the best archer, but he defeated me. I know he did some kind of trick but still, I was defeated. Now the entire Hastinapur is questioning my skill.'

Krishna, 'Who defeated you?'

Arjun (angrily), 'A bloody sutputra. He has the audacity to break the rule and learn archery and he dared to challenge me.'

Krishna, 'Parth you have far better knowledge to discriminate someone based just on their birth or social status.  As for Karna he never used any trick to defeat you. He is the best student of Lord Parshuram so far. Bhagwan Parshuram is the Avatar of Vishnu himself. If he or Guru Brihaspati has no problem with Karna's caste then who are we to question him.'

Arjun remained silent. He himself knew that what he felt for Karna was wrong. Since childhood, he never misbehaved with anyone even if they are from a lower caste but now he was angry with himself. During their training, he was Dronacharya's favorite. Guru Drona even forced to cut Eklavya's finger as his skill was making Arjuna insecure. After that incident, Arjun was almost sure that no one could defeat him. But his ego was bruised badly by Karna. Arjun himself knew that Karna was far better than him, but his royal blood was not allowing him to accept that truth. Suddenly a thought came to his mind.