A new beginning

Hastinapur

Everyone was happy to see Adhirath and his family alive. Adhirath was really shaken from the attack but he managed to compose himself and asked everyone about the incident. The villagers informed him about Vikram's misdeeds and how Karna went to the infamous Kumbhilla forest to save them. He also met with Ved Vyas to whom he expressed his gratitude but now everyone was worried about Karna.

Adhirath 'O Great sage, thank you for saving us but where is my son? We are alive that means he was able to free that evil spirit, then why he did not return yet?'

Ved Vyas, 'Adhirath I already warned him about the consequences of his journey. That forest is full of evil creatures. I really don't know what happens to him.'

Hearing this Radha started crying, 'It was all my fault, Arya. I brought that doll from that Tantric to kill Karna. I did the crime and now my son is in danger.'

Adhirtha (shouting) 'How could you do that Radha? I know you hate him, but I can't believe that you could stoop so low. I will never forgive you.'

Suddenly there was a flash of light and Karna appeared, but he was unconscious. His arms and legs were covered with bruises, he was pale and there was blood all over his body.

Seeing him both Radha and Adhirath started crying. All the villagers also felt sad for the poor boy. Sage Ved Vyas checked his pulse and said 'He is alive. Take him inside the house so that I can treat him properly.'

Adhirath carried him inside. Ved Vyas and Adhirath cleaned his wounds and applied some medicines. Ved Vyas told Adhirath that Karna would be fine soon as his healing power is more than a normal human being.

Outside the villagers were trying to think what punishment they should give to Vikram and his allies. Most of the villagers did not like them for their arrogant and evil nature and now seeing their misdeeds they were ready to murder them. Most of them suggested taking them to the city court and asked for the death penalty. In fact, some of them were also blaming Radha as well. Then Sage Ved Vyas came out and asked the villagers to calm down.

Ved Vyas, 'Villagers I know what they did was wrong, but we shall wait for Karna to wake up and decide as he is the one who they wronged most.'

The villagers agreed and they waited. In the afternoon, Karna woke up. Adhirath was sitting beside his bed. Seeing him Adhirath rushed to his side, 'My son, are you all right? How are you feeling now?'

Karna 'I am alright Pitashree, but how are you? Where are Maa, Shon, and Laxmi?'

Adhirath 'We are all fine my son, thanks to you. Forgive me, my son, I vowed to protect you but I failed. Because of my wife you have to suffer like this.'

Karna, 'What are you talking about Pitashree? Where is Maa? I want to meet her. I want to know if she is okay.' Saying that Karna left the bed and stumbled outside. There he saw the villagers gathered around their house. Everyone was happy seeing him and they also told him what happened. They also asked for his suggestions about the punishments.

Ved Vyas (in mind) 'Now I need to see if you have any feelings for revenge or you are going to forgive them?'

Karna, 'I am against the death penalty as I believe that killing someone is wrong. We cannot create life so we don't have any right to destroy it unless it is necessary. But one shall be punished in such a way that they can repent for their crimes. So, I think we shall ask my uncle and his allies to serve the village for some time so that they can understand that creating is more important than destroying. As for my Radhama do not you dare say anything against her. She is my mom, and I am not going to hear anything about her.'

Hearing such a mature suggestion from a seven-year-old kid, everybody was shocked and readily accepted. Then Karna went near Ved Vyas.

Karna 'O great sage, you protected my family. I do not know how to thank you. If there is any way I can express my gratitude please let me know. I will do anything for you.'

Ved Vyas 'Putra it is an honor to meet such a pure soul like you. At such a tender age you have the great sense of Dharma which many sages themselves don't have. Adhirath- Radha you are really blessed to have a son like him.'

Radha was so ashamed that she fell on the Sages' feet and begged for forgiveness. She tried to apologize to Karna but he said 'No Mata please don't say sorry to me. It will make me a sinner. I am your son and you have every right on me.'

Hearing this Radha realized her mistake. She always thought of Karna as a threat to her kids but today she realized that Karna loved his family so much that he was ready to face death for them. Radha promised herself that in the future she would do anything to protect her elder son and she would love him unconditionally.

Note: Hi all, Thanks for liking my story. But I would like to request great writers like missganguli, SuryaputraKarn, _diya04_ to update their stories. Many fans like us are waiting for their updates.