Saving Suryadev

Patallok,

Brahmmand started his evil rituals to please his Dark Lord, Kapali and Karnpisachini. Kapali and Karnpisachini were two dark entities who represented all negative aspects of the universe like lust, malice, greed, envy etc. To evoke them and gain powers one should give the sacrifice of positivity and purity. Many centuries back Brahmmand did their Puja and sacrificed the blood of 100s of sages to the Yagna. Due to this Kapali and Karnpisachini gave them their dark magics. By using those powers Brahmmanad started torturing humans, devs also the Asurs. They kidnapped innocent humans and sucked their blood to maintain their immortality and strength.  In that situation, all Devs prayed to Devi Adishakti Mahamaya to stop them. Devi Adishakti had created her Avatar Kalratri who along with Dev Kaalbhairav attacked Pisachlok. Kapali and Karnpisachini's power would work only on those who were born from their mother's womb. But both Devi Kaalratri and Dev Kaalbhairav were formed from the internal energies of Devi Adishakti and Mahadev. After their defeat, Brahmmand prayed to Mahadev for mercy. Mahadev was the God of Pisachas as well, so he requested Devi Kaalratri to spare the pisachas life. So Devi Kaalratri imprisoned them in the darkest corner of Patal and warned them that if they again tried to disrupt the balance of the Universe then they would be again defeated by someone who was a reincarnation of Devi Mahamaya. 

Brahmmand was a cunning Pisacha. He knew that if he did anything wrong again, then Devi Mahamaya would punish them. So they patiently waited for the perfect timing to defeat the positive energies. Brahmmanada also did penance for Kapali and Karnpisachini. Karnpisachini was the one who knew everything about black magic and dark forces. She told Brahmanand about the blood lunar eclipse. Also she told if they wanted to attain immortality and gain all dark power, the pisach king should give sacrifice of something pure. The stronger the sacrifice's aura was, the more powers would the pisachas gain. So when Asurraj asked them to keep two powerful devs as their hostages, then Brahmmanand had no idea that those Devs were none other than Lord Surya and his charioteer Arun. It seemed that their evil lord was giving them perfect opportunities to be the ultimate ruler of the Trilok. Afterall Lord Surya was the dev who gave light and strength to all the world. He was the king of Navgrahas. If the pisachas could sacrifice him then they would become the strongest entity.  So Brahmmananda asked his senapati Raktaksh to fight with the Devis so that he could finish the yagna. Once he sacrificed Suryadev, then no one...not even Devi Mahamaya could also defeat them.

Battleground,

Rakhtaksh was prepared for the fight with devis. Brahmmananda knew that women were one of the strongest creation of God as they were the lifegivers. So he warned Rakhtaksh not to underestimate the women, but Rakhtaksh was confident about the strength of soldiers. Still he took his trusted warriors along with the common soldiers to fight.

Devi Avantika blew the conch to signal the start of the war. Both the pisacha soldiers and the devis charged towards each other. Devi Varahi and Devi Mahiswari attacked the soldiers from one side while Devi Indrani and Devi Narsinghi attacked from the other side. The way a mighty lion tore apart a pack of Hayenas, the women army destroyed the pisachas in the same way. The devis were the positive force and in presence of them the pisachas loses their powers. Seeing it, Rakhtaksh ordered the warriors like Chamur, Chikkur, Asiloma who were great pisachas with various dark powers to attack the devis.

Chamur had a special power to change the appearances. He turned himself a woman and join in the devi army to sabotage from inside. He stealthily entered inside the chariot where Avantika was waiting with all other warriors. Chamur planned to kill the leader of the army so that the battle could be ended. But Avantika already sensed his presence. Chamur entered to the topmost chamber of the chariot and when he entered, he saw a Devi was sitting on the throne.