Return of Pandavas

Karna, Duryodhana and Vidur met with Bheesm and Drona. Karna diplomatically convinced both the parties to divide the land into equal halves. 

Karna asked, 'Mahamahim why are you asking to give all the fertile lands to Pandavas. You should give equal rights to both parties. Both of them should have an equal amount of fertile lands, cows, soldiers and royal treasuries.  You should not show favoritism to any one of them.'

Drona, 'But Pandavas are the sons of the king Pandu. Dhritrashtra is just the acting king. So it will be Dharam to give their sons more.'

Karna, 'Acharya according to the rules while dividing the kingdom it is not important who is the acting king and who is original. King Pandu is dead and King Dhritarashtra is the King now. King already gave a chance to Panduputra Yudhishtir to be the crown king. I know what happened in Varanavat was unfortunate but it is the Pandavas who married a single woman together and broke the tradition of Kuruvansh.'

Vidur, 'He is right, In fact this incident also created some dissatisfaction among the citizens as well. So it will be better to end the dispute and divide the kingdom equally.'

Bheesm and Drona agreed reluctantly and then left. Vidur said, 'Karna, you helped me once to see my mistake. Please show that to Bheesm and Drona as well. The way they are showing the partiality towards Pandavas, it will give Shakuni more chances to create a rift between the cousins.'

Karna, 'I agree, but you listened to me and understood your mistakes. But the pride of Pitamaha and Dronacharya are not allowing them to see their faults. Specially Dronacharyaji, he hates me. But one thing Mahamantriji, do you think the marriage of the Pandavas can create problem in their reign.'

Vidur, 'My son, this is a prejudiced society. People did not spare even Sita Mata, so do you think they will not talk ill about Panchali? I am scared Karna, this decision of the Pandavas will create a huge problem in the future for them as well as for the princess.'

A few days later Pandavas returned along with Shri Krishna. At first, Dhritarashtra did not want to welcome them but Gandhari and Bheesm insisted that Draupadi was the Kulvadu of Kuruvansh. So it is necessary to maintain the tradition.

Then Dhritarashtra declared the division. He also told Yudhishtir the division plan but Yudhishthira declined the part. Instead, he demanded Khandavprasth. Then Karna who was present in the meeting along with Duryodhana as his assistant asked him, 'But Yuvraj, why do you want that barren land. That land is cursed as a cruel Naag Takshak lived in the forest. How can you establish a kingdom there?'

Vidur, 'Yes Yuvraj, both me and Karna tried hard to divide everything equally so no one can say that King Dhritarashtra showed partiality to his son and gave nothing to his nephews.'

Krishna, 'Mahamantri, Karna we are thankful for your effort but Bhrata Yudhishtir needs a bigger land to establish his kingdom. Khandavprashta is the only place which will be suitable.'

Karna, 'I agree and as Devputras themselves they can make the land fertile but Keshav, do you think it is wise to challenge Takshak.'

Arjun, 'Leave that to me. we are all skilled warriors. We are not scared of Takshak Nag.'

Karna, 'Prince we have no doubt on your or your brother's skills but please remember one thing. The forest belongs to Nagas. So instead of fighting try to make an alliance and left some place for them as they also need a place to stay. But if Takshak wishes for war and if you will be able to defeat Takshak, don't let him go. I myself am against unnecessary bloodshed, but please kill him. Otherwise, he will be a danger to you and your family. An injured snake is very dangerous.'

Bheem, 'You are asking us to make a treaty with Nagas? I will just kill them all. That land belongs only to us.'

Krishna, 'Bhrata Bheem, Karna is right. If you can solve the problem by talking then why start a war?'

Yudhishtir, 'Thank you for your suggestions. We will remember your words.'

Then Pandavas left for Khandavprastha. They did the bhumipujan but Takshak naga attacked them and Arjun had to fight with Indradev as Takshak was under his protection. Krishna intervened in the war and Lord Indra was happy with his son. He gave them his blessings and made the land fertile. Pandavas with the help of Maya Danav created a beautiful palace and kingdom. To honor Indradev they named their kingdom Indraprastha. 

But Pandavas, in spite of Karna's warning let Takshak go. Takshak promised revenge and left the place.

Asurlok

Takshak knew that he could not get any help from humans or Devas as Pandavas were Devputras. So he went straight to Asurlok. 

Takshak, 'Hail Asur raj, help me. The humans are snatching away all our lands. Even Lord Indra betrayed me.'

Bhyankarasur,' You are Takshak and you got defeated by mere humans?'

Takshak, 'They are not human, they are Devputras. the Pandavas are all blessings from the Devas.'

Bhyankarasur, 'This Devas, first that Krishna and his companion killed Jarasandha and now this Pandavas.'

Takshak, 'These Pandavas are also friends of Vasudev.'

Bhyankarasur, 'I cannot attack Krishna directly as my Guru Shukracharya forbids me. But I am not going to spare the Devputras.'

Guru Shukracharya, 'Bhyankarasur, don't go to the war by yourself now. If we Asuras attack mother earth directly then Devas will intervene. You are protected by Lord Brahmma's boon but other Asuras are not. Let the other Asuras finish their penance first.'

Bhyankarasur, 'Okay but I made alliances with many human kingdoms, I will ask those humans to use the black magic I donated them to torture innocents. It will disbalance mother earth and nature and the Devas will be weakened.'

Dhumrasur, 'Whom will you ask for help Maharaj.'

Bhyankarasur, 'Dhumrasur, you go and ask the Prince of Kalinga to start his actions. A few years back he asked for my help to gain power. Ask him to kill his father and use Kalinga's throne to torture innocents and stop the pujas. If we stop the offerings to Devas they will be weak and can be easily defeated.'

Kalinga

The Prince of Kalinga Pradeep was a greedy man. All he wanted was power but his father was a strict person and a great devotee of Lord Vishnu. So Pradeep asked for help from Dhumrasur to attain dark powers. Dhumrasur assured him that he would help him in getting the throne and powers but in return, he would ask something from him. Pradeep was so greedy that without thinking he agreed. Now Dhumrasur went to Kalinga to plan the Kings' demise and made Pradeep the king.

Next-Duryadhana in love