Chandasur attacked Hastinapur

Asur senapati Chandasur was angry. Asurraj Bhyankarasur exiled him from his kingdom as he failed to create problems in Hastinapur. He was planning to destroy Hastinapur and take his position back in Asurlok. But he needed someone, then suddenly he remembered Takshak naag.

Chandasur went to Takshak naag's new location and asked for his help. 

Chandasur, 'Once I destroyed Hastinapur, then the Kuru family will be weak and then together we can attack Indraprastha.'

Takshak agreed. He decided to take help from Devraj Indra who once decided to give a boon to Takshak at the time of need. So Takshak called Indradev for the boon, 'Indradev, please I want the boon for my friend Chandasur, please give him the boon that he can only be killed by your weapon 'Vasavishakti' but you will not fight with him.'

Takshak (thinking), 'Only Indradev has 'Vasavishakti' and he does not fight with Chandasur then no one will kill him.' 

Indradev, 'Tathasthu, I am not going to fight you.'

After getting the boon, Chandasur was very happy. He gathered an army of 100 demons and decided to attack Hastinapur. But Takshak gave him a different idea. On an auspicious day of Spring, all the Kuru family members of Hatinapur including Drona and Aswatthama would go to Mahakal temple present in a mountain north of the capital city. At that time the Kuru members did not carry weapons, only the guards would have weapons. So Chandasur decided to attack at that time. 

Dhritarashtra, Gandhari, Duryodhana, Bhanumati, Dusshasshan, a few other Kauravas, Shakuni, Bheesm, Drona and Aswatthama went to the Mahakaal temple

Dhritarashtra, Gandhari, Duryodhana, Bhanumati, Dusshasshan, a few other Kauravas, Shakuni, Bheesm, Drona and Aswatthama went to the Mahakaal temple. Adhirath also went with them as Bheesm's charioteer.They had plenty of guards and they were also confident that no enemy could enter Hastinapur to attack them. Little did they know that Chandasur and his demon army were present there in the disguise of the villagers.

When the royalties arrived they asked priests to start the puja. Suddenly a bunch of arrows hit their guard and the guards were dead. 

Bheesm roared, 'Who has the audacity to attack us?'

Then the demons came to their actual appearance. 

Chandasur, 'Gangaputra, today you all going to die, then Hastinapur will be ours.Ha..Haa..haa.'

Bheesm for the first time felt very helpless. They don't have any weapons, all the royal women were here,many innocent villagers were present in the temple and if the demons attacked them, then they had nothing to protect them. Bheesm, Drona and Aswatthama took the bows fallen from the guard's hands and tried to fight but were soon overwhelmed by the numerical superiority of the Asuras. Taking cover under the veneer of illusions that they created using their Asura-magic they shot volleys after volleys of arrows towards the Kurus. As the arrows were going to hit the helpless Kurus something extraordinary happened. Seemingly out of nowhere, there came a bright flash. A glowing sphere of fire surrounded the Kurus and devoured every single arrow that was targetted against them.