The truth revealed- a big decision

Standing outside the seven years old boy had the biggest shock of his life.

'Piece of trash', 'Fatherless', 'Illegitimate' all those words were breaking his heart into million pieces. So that is why Radhama hated him so much. He always felt that there was a difference in her behavior between him and his siblings, but he never paid much attention. His mother always gave good foods and clothes to his siblings but he always got the leftovers or the old ratty clothes of his elder cousins. But he never felt bad as an elder son of a poor household it was his duty to provide all good things to his siblings. He loved his family and always tried to please his mother but there was one thing he could not change, that was his love for archery and shastra. His father also tried to dissuade him from going against the Kshatriyas but he could not stop his dream to be a great warrior one day. Apart from that he always obeyed his parents' every order. As he did not want to create for his parents as his knack for these forbidden subjects was already frowned upon by society, he tried to learn it by himself. Since childhood, he was very intelligent. He had a photographic memory and once he heard anything he could remember that. So, after helping Radhama in her household works, he spent his free time (which he did not get much) watching the soldiers of Hastinapur practicing or standing outside the Brahmin's school to learn shastra. He already learned a few things like some scripts of Vedas, Puran etc but his inquisitive mind yearned for more. Even today he was late to bring dried cow dung cakes on time as in the milkman's house their Kulguru from Kashi visited. Though he was not going to eat or drink anything in their house, he could take the Dakshina's from them. Those were the practices that irked Karna very much, however, he remained silent. The guru was talking about Vishnu's avatars and Karna was so engrossed with the stories that he became late. He was very excited after listening to the stories of Lord Parshuram. He wanted to ask his father about him later but because of other works, he forgot. Even at night, he was excitedly recalling the story of Lord Parshuram, and then he heard his parents arguing about him. Out of curiosity he went to his parent's room and stood outside. Then the biggest truth of his life was revealed in front of him.

'I have no parents, my own mother threw me away. Why? What's my fault? Why didn't anybody love me? Am I so bad that even my own family wanted me dead?' silent tears were spilled from his eyes. 'So, I am just a servant of this house. Except for father, no one loves me here.' He knew that his uncle and aunt hated him, but his own mother's hatred broke him apart. 'I love you Mata and if you want me gone, so be it. I will never bother you again.' Karna decided to leave the house early in the morning when no one was awake. 

The next morning in the first hour Karna left the house

The next morning in the first hour Karna left the house. He took nothing with him except the bow and some arrows he made. He went to the bank of Ganga first, there he looked at the sky and then to the river. 'Mata Ganga, maybe from tomorrow I cannot come to meet you as I am leaving my home. I do not want my parents to fight because of me. Please take care of them and my parents. I do not know where to go but bless me Mata that I can find the purpose of my life.' Saying he turned to leave when suddenly he heard a voice 'Putra Karna, please don't leave. Turning he saw a beautiful lady was standing on the water. 'Who are you Mata, what are you doing in the water at this early morning. Please come out otherwise you will catch cold.' Listening to Karna's innocent words Devi Ganga chuckled, 'My son is so innocent', she thought.