Duryodhana's love

Shakuni was irritated. All he wanted his nephew to protest against the division and start a fight. But his stupid nephew readily agreed to this arrangement. Both he and Aswatthama tried to raise jealousy and anger against Pandavas but Duryodhana just said, 'Mamasri, I am happy as the Pandavas are out of my life. let them stay in their kingdom and let me handle mine. I need to be a good crown prince and a great king for my subjects. I don't want anyone to say that I wasted my time on fighting with my cousins, instead of taking care of my kingdom.'

Shakuni knew it was Karna's influence that changed Duryodhana. Taking Karna's suggestion Duryodhana was now giving more time in administrative works. Even Bheesm was happy seeing this change in Duryodhana. Though he never admitted but he started liking Karna. 'Maybe that boy is not that bad,' he thought. He still believed that Karna did an Adharm by learning archery but his heart was changing gradually. Sometimes he felt that if Karna was a Kshatriya then it would be best for all as Karna was born to rule not to serve.

But Karna was still confused about himself. Whenever he closed his eyes, he saw that girl. Many times he wanted to ask about her but he did not even know her name. And the works forced him to stay most of the time in the days in the palace. Sometimes he even had to spend the nights there. With Mahamantri's help, Karna helped Duryodhana to bring many reforms in Hastinapur. He helped him in trade treaties, foreign affairs. The subjects were also happy as Duryodhana implemented basic education, development of sanitization and health conditions in Hastinapur. Everybody knew that it was the prince's assistant who was influencing the prince so now Karna became very popular among the commoners. 

Dhritarashtra also happy with his son's achievement, so he decided to raise the issue of Durtodhana's coronation. Everybody agreed, only Drona protested saying that Karna helped Duryodhana. Then Karna replied, 'Acharya, do you expect the king to do all the works? Even you all are helping King Dhritarashtra here. That does not mean you all shall be made the kings of Hastinapur. I just helped my prince but he is the one who achieved it.'

Duryodhana was overwhelmed. He never had anyone who trusted and respected him to this extent. Karna always gave credit for his hard work to Duryodhana. Duryodhana mentally promised himself that he would always protect Karna and would never ever let him go away from his life. 

Preparations for Duryodhana's coronation was started. Karna himself went to Indraprastha to invite the Pandavas. But he was shocked after hearing about Arjuna's exile. he felt bad for both Arjun and Draupadi. He understood that Draupadi loved Arjuna more and his exile must have affected her badly. He was also a little upset that though Yudhishtir behaved politely but Bheem and Nakul still hated him. Bheem even told that Dhritarashtra wanted to disrespect them as he sent a Sutputra to invite them. 

Duryodhana's coronation took place. Both Balaram and Krishna came from Dwarka. But the most important thing happened when Duryodhana lost his heart to the princess of Kalinga Bhanumati. Duryodhana immediately fell in love with her and he decided to send a marriage proposal to her kingdom. The day after the coronation Princess Bhanumati was roaming in the garden when Duryodhana came.

Duryodhana, 'Pranipat princess How are you?

Bhanumati also liked Duryodhana. She said, 'I am good Yuvraj, congratulations!'

Duryodhana, 'Thank you, Princess I want to ask you something. Look I always speak clearly and directly so I want to know, Will you marry me?'

Bhanumati, 'What marriage?'

Duryodhana, 'Why, don't you like me? It's okay princess I understand and I won't bother you again.'

Bhanumati was impressed with Duryodhana's childish behavior. She said, 'If I say no, will you not be angry? Kshatriya man doesn't take no so easily.'