Aftermath

Note-Next two chapters will be a little depressing and boring. It's just everyone's reactions regarding the incident. So feel free to skip the part if you want. I will be busy for the next week. So cannot update regularly. Sorry and Thank you for all the vote and lovely coments.

Bhanumati ordered one of her maids to take Avni to her chamber and stood guard so that no one, even Duryodhana could not enter the chamber. Then she personally escorted Adhirath and the Pandavas, Draupadi and Kunti out of the palace. Today's event completely shattered them. Adhirath still did not believe his own action. He sold his son to the Kuru family. His son...no no the son of Lord Suryanarayan himself, the blessing of Devi Ganga had to work for these bloody princes. How could he do that? Seeing his condition Bhanu took pity on him, 'Adhirath baba are you okay? I know what happened today is a disaster. I never ever have any idea that my family could do such a thing with bhrata. But Baba, I, Yuvrani of Hastinapur am assuring you one thing. I will never let my Arya or family members harm or mistreat my bhrata. He has some enemies but many well-wishers are also present in this palace. They will protect him at any cost.'

Adhirath smiled tiredly, 'Yuvrani, no one in this palace has the ability to harm him. I am just worried about you all. By doing this with him, you yourself called your doom. Yes Putri, if your husband knows about his true self, he will never ever think of doing such things.'

Bhanumati surprised, 'True self? Adhirath baba are you hiding something from me?'

Adhirath, 'That's not my secret to tell. Devi Bhanumati today your family called the curse of the Almighty upon themselves by betraying Karna. The end is near.'

The Pandavas and Draupadi were also shocked hearing this, though they did not understand everything. When they came out Karna's and Avni's family members were waiting in the courtyard, and they were shocked seeing their especially Draupadi's condition. Radha also reached there and she ran to them and asked, 'What happened, where are Karna and Avni?'

Adhirath could not answer. What would he say to the mother? Avni's parents were also tensed, but Bhanumati assured them that Avni was safe in her palace but she could not say anything about Karna. 

Meanwhile, Vidur came out with the necessary documents. Adhirath, 'No Mahamantri, I cannot take this. Give these to the Panduputras and their Mata.'

Then he looked at Kunti and said, 'Rajmata, from you my son, gets nothing but sorrow, pain and humiliation but today from my son's behalf I am returning this wealth to you. My son never let anyone go away empty-handed. Whenever anyone asked for his help, he tried his best to save them. Even today he did that. Now a Suta father is giving you your kingdom, wealth and your freedom as a donation. Take this and just leave. I don't want to see your face again.'

Then he looked at Radha and told them everything happened inside. Radha fainted hearing everything. Both Sarthak and Renuka were shocked. How could this happened, most importantly what will happen to their daughter now? All of them looked at Kunti with disgust. Then Bhanumati broke the silence, 'Mata Kunti, Panduputra and queen Draupadi, please leave Hastinapur as early as possible. Bhrata already sacrificed himself for your safety. I don't want any more problems to come into his and Avni's life because of your presence here.' Then she ordered some soldiers to accompany them to Indraprastha.

Duryodhana was completely frustrated. One part of his mind was angry at Karn for hiding such a big truth about himself, but another part logically told him that Karna never betrayed him, he was just protecting his mother's dignity. 'But what did you do today?' His conscience mocked him, 'Today you turned your friend your slave by buying him from his father...congratulation Prince. Now you can be the Chakrabarty Samrat.' Duryodhana thought, 'But is this the thing you always dreamed of. Being an emperor. But at what cost. By betraying the person who loved you most, maybe more than your own father and family members.'