Virat war (II)

The entire army of Hastinapur was moving through the forest. Though the forest was dense, but it still had a clear unpaved road through which the entire army along with the horses, elephants and chariots could travel. The villager was forced to show them the way. After the sunset everyone was settled as they could not travel at night. Aswatthama ordered the soldiers to tie the man and keep watch on him.

It was almost midnight, suddenly Aswatthama felt some discomfort. He woke up and came out of the tent. He realized that the entire forest was silenced, even he could not hear the insects or nocturnal birds.

'That's strange,' he thought. 'It is very unnatural. How could a forest become so silent?' He took a Mashal and looked around but did not find anything abnormal. But still, he decided to check on the soldiers especially the ones' who were guarding. So, he went towards the other side of the camp. After taking a stroll at last he came near the place where they had imprisoned the poor villager. He was shocked to see that all the soldiers who were guarding the man were sleeping, and the man was not there.

Aswatthama shrieked, 'Guards, wake up you imbeciles. Our prisoner ran away and you idiots are sleeping? If we cannot find him, I will peel off your skins.'

The guards woke up with a jerk. They were surprised as they themselves did not know when they slept. Soldier 1, 'Please forgive us my lord. We don't know what happened and why we were feeling so sleepy?'

Hearing their screams Dusshashan, Shakuni and others also came there. They were also surprised as even though the soldiers were sleeping but they had tied the man with strong chains. Then how did he escape?

Shakuni, 'Where did that man go? It is not easy to escape from the chains and escape from such a dense forest in dark. Soldiers, he may not be able to go far. Find him and bring him here. Without him, we cannot go out of this forest.'

Most of the soldiers started searching. Only a few left to guard the camp. 

Inside Dusshasshan's Tent,

Dussahsshan, 'Those imbeciles, because of them we lost our guide.'

Vindha (a Kaurav), 'Brother, we told you before. We should ask the man nicely and give him money to show the way. But you forced him, we did not even give him food or water. So it is expected that he ran whenever he got the chance.'

Dusshasshan, 'STOP, how dare you giving lectures to me? If you are not my brother, then I will give you a death sentence right now.'

Other Kauravas felt disgusted. It was true that they were not very Dharmik but they did not like unnecessary violence. And many of them did not even like their father's treatment to their eldest brother. Since childhood, Their brother Duryodhan played the role of a father to them. But now this Dusshasshan treated them like slaves. So they were also angry on him, but they could not do anything as Dusshasshan was the Yuvraj and he had the power.

Suddenly they all heard a huge roar from outside.

Aswatthama, 'What was that?'

Shakuni was so sacred that he jumped into the bed and covered himself with a blanket. He cried, 'Bhanje, mere honewale Samrat, please help me. What is that...a tiger...or a lion.'

Suddenly they heard the sound of heavy footsteps and it was so intimidating that the ground was shaking with each of the footsteps.

Vikarna, 'Oh God, why did I come with this brainless Dusshasshan. The one whose footstep has such an impact, I don't know how dangerous he himself can be. I don't want to die here away from my country and family.'

Dusshasshan yelled, 'Half of you go out and look and stop whatever it is and others stay with me. Though I am a great warrior who doesn't need any protection but I am your master and you have to protect me.'