Back to Hastinapur- Karna meets Kunti

Adhirath and Radha's house

Like every morning Radha was busy with household chores. Adhirath went to meet their daughter Laxmi who was pregnant. After Karna left, Radha again had two sons Chitrasena and Vrikarratha. She was quite happy with her life but there was not a single moment when she did not remember her eldest son-Karna. Sage Ved Vyas told them that after completing his training, Karna would return. Every day she waited for her son but left heartbroken. Sometimes Radha felt that maybe Karna would never come back, why would he? After all, she committed a grave sin and she did not even have the chance to repent for her crimes. Karna was the son of Suryadev and maybe he returned to his actual parents. Still, she waited to hear Karna's voice. Sometimes she tried to think how would he look like after so many years. 

After Karna left, their neighbors asked them about him. Sage Vedvyas told them not to reveal anything about Karna's training, so they said that Karna went to Vedvyas's ashram for work. Now 16 years were passed, Radha was having a complete family with sons and daughters-in-law but still, she felt a void.

Radha finished her work and prepared to went for puja to the city's Shiv temple. It was Karna's birthday or more specifically it was the day when Karna came into their life. So every year she went to the temple to pray for her sons' welfare. 

Upon reaching the temple Radha found many soldiers from the royal palace was there. Asking one shopkeeper there she came to know that Maharani Kunti was coming to do a puja. Nine years back, after the demise of king Pandu, Queen Kunti returned to HP with her 5 sons. All the princes were sent to Gurukul for training. A few days back they returned home, so Radha assumed that maybe Kunti came to offer prayers for her sons. 

Radha was waiting patiently, while Kunti came in a royal chariot. She asked the soldiers that why the common people were waiting outside. The soldier informed her that after puja everyone would get the chance to enter the temple. Kunti asked the soldier to let everyone came.

Kunti, 'This is Gods' house and everyone is the same in Gods' eyes. Please, I don't want others to wait for me.'

Radha was shocked. She knew that people from royal backgrounds were arrogant. In fact, one of her friend's sister worked as a maid in Kuntibhoj while Kunti was just a young girl. She told Radha once that Kunti was very arrogant and stubborn. Once she ordered her soldiers to whip a young servant as he was late to bring something for her. She did not show mercy even when the mother of that boy pleaded to her. But today listening to Kunti's word Radha was surprised. Little did she know that after Karna's birth Kunti realized her mistakes and tried to change herself. 

Radha was telling the main priest, 'Purohitji, it is my son's birthday today and I want to pray for his long life.'

Hearing this Kunti thought, 'Yesterday was my eldest sons' birthday. This mother is so lucky that she has her son and can pray for him without hesitation. But It is my bad luck that I cannot even pray for my son in front of others.'

Kunti asked suddenly, 'Please don't mind lady if I may ask, where is your son?'

Radha, 'My queen, my son works in Sage Ved Vyas's Ashram. We are Sutas and he is a worker there.'

Kunti, 'Oh so will he come today to meet you?'

Radha, 'I don't know Maharaniji...' Suddenly they heard a voice from behind. 'Radhama'.

Both of them looked behind and there was Karna standing.

Radha, though she did not see her son for 19 years still recognized him. 'Putra Karn, you came back? But how do you know that I am here.'

Karn, 'Mata, I went to the house but nobody was there. Then I asked our neighbors and they said you came to the shiv temple. So I came here to give you a surprise.'

Kunti was looking at Karna thinking,  'What a handsome young man he is. If my son was alive he will be of the same age as this boy. His mother is so blessed to have such a strong and charming son.'

Radha introduces Karna to Kunti. Karna humbly touched her feet to show respect. Kunti put her hand on his head and was thinking, 'Why am I feeling such love for this boy as if my own son came in front of me. Maybe he reminds me of my eldest. But I know that he is dead. Oh lord, please protect this mother-son bonding.'

Then both Radha and Karn left the temple. Radha was almost on verge of tears seeing his boy after so many years. When they were leaving Kunti looked at them and smiled.   

In Dwarka

Krishna (in mind), 'So, how was your meeting with your mother, Suryaputra?'

Karna (in mind), 'Pranipat Prabhu, Radhama is very happy, but my birth mother did not even recognize me? But I have a feeling that she is sad.'

Krishna, 'My Dear, don't worry, she does not recognize you that does not mean she is not missing you.'

Karna, 'I know Prabhu, at first I felt bad but now I understand if she did not leave me then this society will not let us live. I don't know when will this gender discrimination be stopped. Man can do anything but a woman always has to think of her reputation.'

Krishna, 'Have patience Suryaputra, nothing will be changed suddenly. It will take time to spread awareness. Now enjoy your time with your foster family.'

Karna, 'Thank you, my Lord.'

Karna returned with his Radhama. Radha was so happy that she started crying. Even Shon was very happy as he still remembered how his elder brother saved them from an evil spirit. He always wanted to meet his brother and now he was here. Karna also met Rupmati, Shon's wife, and his two younger brothers. Radha cooked Karna's favorite dishes. Later in the evening Adhirath returned and he was also extremely happy to see Karna. At night when Karna's siblings retired to bed, Adhirath and Radha asked him about his training. Karna told them about his time with Guru Brihaspati, Guru Parshuram and Guru Shukracharya but left the part of his penance and gaining special weapons from Tridevs and Trideviyas. At night Karna thought, 'Now my journey as a warrior has begun. I need to know what are those dangers lurking over Mata Kunti and my half-brothers? But don't worry mata, your elder son is here now and he will protect your family at any cost.'     
Note: Happy Akshay Tritiya and Eid Mubarak to all my friends. May God almighty bless us to be a better human being. Please stay safe.