Fight with Indra

On Devi Sangya's request,Suryadev took Karna to Suryalok. Devi Chaya was also very pleased to meet Karna. Karna with his sweet nature also made a good bonding with other members of Surya family. 

A few days later Karna left for the penance. Suryadev chose a proper place in Himalaya where Karn can start his penance. Karna was deeply immersed in his penance. During this, his radiance increased and its energy even reached Swarglok. After feeling the energy Indradev got scared.

Indra dev, 'Who is that man and why is he doing such an extreme penance? Maybe he is meditating to get the throne of swarg. I must stop him.'

Indra dev like any other king was always scared of losing his throne. So without knowing the truth he decided to break Karna's penance and called Apsara Urvashi.

 So without knowing the truth he decided to break Karna's penance and called Apsara Urvashi

Urvashi. 'Indradev why did you call me?'

Indra dev, 'Urvashi, you are the most beautiful of all apsaras. I want you to go to Himalayas and break that mans' penance. I want you to make him impure by seducing him so that he can never please the tridev.'

Urvashi. 'He is just a young man. Don't worry Dev I promise you, I will make relation with him.'

Himalaya

Urvashi (in mind) ,' It will not take long to attract this man towards me. After all he is just a young boy.'

Urvashi to Karn, 'Young man please open your eyes. I am here to serve you.'

Karna. 'Who are you Devi, what are you doing in the forest?'

Urvashi, 'I am Apsara Urvashi, Indra dev is very pleased with your penance so he sent me to please you and provide you with all material comforts of life.'

Karna, 'I am honored Devi but I cannot accept anything from you. I have to complete my penance. You may go now Devi.'

Urvashi (in mind) Why doesn't he falling for my charm?' (loud) but what will you achieve by this hard penance. Everybody wants comfort in life and I will give you that. And don't you think I am beautiful enough to fulfill all your desires?'

Karna, 'No Devi I don't want comfort. I want to help others and that is why I am doing this penance. And you are very beautiful Devi but I don't believe in physical attraction. Outer beauty is not important, it is the inner purity that matters.'

Urvashi (angrily), 'How dare you? I am Urvashi, even sages or devas cannot resist my charm and you a common man insults me. Okay, I will show you. You yourself will stop your penance and fell on my feet.'

Karna, 'Devi please don't get upset. I don't want to insult you. But I am Suryaputra Karn. I have blessings from my parents and Gurus. Once I focused my mind on something then no one in this world can stop me from achieving my goal.'

Hearing that Urvashi started dancing, but even after creating different illusions and trying all kinds of seduction, she could not break Karna's meditation. As if a protective field was formed around Karna which protected him from all her magic. Being frustrated Urvashi as her last resort tried to hug Karna but when she touched him, his Kavach appeared and it burned Urvashi. She cried in pain. Hearing her cry Indra Dev came down. When he saw Urvashi's condition he was furious.

Indra, ' You mortal, how dare you do such atrocity towards a woman. Don't you have any shame?'

Karna, 'I am sorry Indradev but I did not do anything intentionally, she was trying to seduce me and when she tried to touch me, the radiance of my Kavach burned her.'

Indra Dev, 'I know what you are trying to do. You are trying to take my throne and now you injured my Urvashi. I will punish you for this,'

Karna (in mind). " O Lord Parshuram, you taught me to protest against injustice. Today Lord Indradev himself is doing Adharm by trying to destroy my penance. Please forgive me Gurudev but today I will use your teachings to fight with a Dev.'

Lord Parshuram, 'Vijayi Bhava Putra'.

Then Karna started fighting with Indra Dev. Indra used all his divyastras but Karna easily deflected them. Then Indradev evoked 'Vajra',

Indra, 'Now I will show you who is your superior. If you want to live, beg for my mercy.'

Karna, 'Dev you are always my superior, and I have no shame to bow in front of you. But today you did adharm. And I will not beg in front of an adharmi.'

Furious Indradev threw lightning towards Karna. Karna used his Kundalini shakti to raise the power of his Kavach by ten folds. When Vajra reached Karna, it was defected and hit back Indra who fell from Airavat.

Karna ran toward Indradev and asked, 'Dev are you all right. I am so sorry but I don't want to hurt you.'

Indradev, 'How is it possible? My weapon hits back me? How is it possible?'

Karna, 'Dev Vajra cannot touch me as Vajra is a sentiment weapon. It knows that I did not do anything wrong. So it returned back to you.'

Karna helped Indra to stand. Indra was very impressed of his sweet nature.

Indra, 'Who are you?'

Karna, 'I am Suryaputra Karna. I am doing my penance to please tridev and trideviya along with navgrahas to protect mother earth from Bhyankarasur.'

Indra was very ashamed of himself. Without knowing the truth he tried to harm Karna. He gave Karna his 'Vasavi' shakti and Anjalikastra. 

Then Utvashi also came in front of Karna and asked for his forgiveness. 

Karna, 'No Devi, forgive me.. as I unknowingly hurt you. I know it is a sin to hurt a woman.'

Urvashi, 'It is the result of my ego. I told Indradev that I will return only after making relation with you. Now I cannot go back to Swarga.'

Karna, 'Devi you can have a relation with me.' Saying that he bowed down and touched Urvashi's feet, 'I Surya-Sangya putra Karn, make you my Mata. From today you will also be a mother to me.'

Urvashi (sobbing), 'Putra I am honored. Today a dharmvan person like you called a dancer like me Mata. I am blessing you Putra, if you need me for anything just chant my name. I will come to help you.'