Power of a true Sati

Dwarka,

Everyone was tensed in Dwarka. First the upcoming eclipse and attack and now Duryodhana and Bheem's mission to rescue the Kuru elders. Kunti, Bhanumati and Gandhari both sat on the shiv temple in front of the idol. They all lit lamps to pray for their dear one's safe journey. Suddenly one of the lamp started flickering. Seeing that Bhanu covered it with her palm but it was still getting low. While Karna was waiting on the top of the watchtower looking at the border. Suddenly he felt restlessness as if something bad was going to happen. He was feeling pain in his heart. Tears started rolling from his eyes he just uttered, 'Duryodhana....Mitra...please be steady. Don't lose hope.'

He looked through the telescope and saw some moving dotes towards the border. He signaled the guards to be prepared as if it was the enemy then they could start shooting arrows. But after some time when the group came near, he saw the flags and understood who they were. Karna rushed towards the stairs to come down and signaled the guards to open the gate. Through the gate, the small group of horsemen entered along with the Kuru elders, Vikarna, Yuyutsu, Bheem and Duryodhana. Seeing the latter's condition Karna for the first time after a long time started crying. Dury was bleeding badly and a dangerous-looking arrow was pierced on his back. His entire body was blue because of the poison. Karna hold Duryodhana's hand and cried, 'Suyo, Mitra...please open your eyes. I promise I will forgive you, I will never fight with you, never will leave you. Please brother don't leave me.' All the women specially Gandhari and Bhanumati were also crying, even Draupadi also had tears in her eyes but Karna almost turned mad due to grief. His eyes turned red due to anger and he wanted to march to Asurlok and kill the Asurs then and there. But Krishna and Avni somehow stopped him. The Pandavas understood that though Karna loved them as their elder brother but he still loved Duryodhana more.

Duryodhana was taken to the hospital. Karna knew that Shukracharya would never give him permission to heal Duryodhana. As per instruction, Duryodhana was also his cousin but Krishna told him not to anger Shukracharya as the Kurus were the enemies of Asurs. Still, Karna tried to contact Shukracharya but he denied his request. But Karna said, 'Okay Gurudev, I will not go against you, but I will save my friend even if I have to bring Amrit from Devlok. It's the promise of a friend and a brother. I will never let my sister's husband die.'

Krishna, 'No Karna you don't need to do that. Vishvaan was made up of Nagraj Vasuki's poison and I am sure that Naagraja will never deny his brother Sheshnag's request.'

Balram and Krishna prayed to Nagraja Vasuki to take out the poison from Duryodhana's body. Vasuki appeared, 'Pranaam pravu, Pranipat Bhrata.'

Krishna, 'Pranipat Naagraj, we called you here to help Duryodhana. Please take out the poison from his body. Only you can nullify the effect of vishvaan.'

Vasuki, 'Pravu, you know everything. Duryodhana's life on this earth is completed. I cannot do anything now. It will be against the rules of Kaalchakra.'

Karna, 'No....please Nagraj, don't say that. My Mitra needs to live, for his family, for the country.'

Vasuki, 'I know Suryaputra, but I am helpless. Even if I take out the poison, he will not survive.'

Karna screamed, 'No, it's injustice. When he did wrong then he got a good life, but when he is trying to redeem himself, you are taking away his life. What kind of justice is this?'

Bhanumati, 'I am not going to leave my husband. If Yamraj has to take away his life, then he has to take mine first. If I am true sati, then no one..I mean no one takes my husband away from me.'

Saying that she hugged Duryodhana's unconscious body. Everyone was also crying seeing her love for her husband. Those who always considered Duryodhana a bad omen, today after seeing his selfess nature cried. Vidur cursed himself as it was his prophecy that always had made this boy's life so hard. Yudhisthir prayed to his divine father to give his brother's life back. Suddenly a bright light engulfed the entire room and everyone saw Dharmraj Yam was there sitting on his bull.