Defeating Pandavas

The next day Karna went to meet Duryodhana in HP palace. Duryodhana welcomed him and he showed him the entire palace. Karna was also happy to see Duryodhana's behavior. Karna (in mind), 'First I thought that Duryodhana wanted to use me against the Pandavas, but his behavior towards me seems genuine. Still, I need to be careful to know about any conspiracy against my family.'

 Duryodhana introduced him to his Mama Shakuni, his brothers, and his friend Aswatthama. Aswatthama was still jealous and angry at Karna but he did not say anything to him directly as he did not want to upset Duryodhana. Duryodhana also had breakfast with him and during that he introduces Karna to his mother Gandhari as well. Gandhari could sense that Karna was a good person who was a real wellwisher of his son. She asked him about his family and then thought, 'Today my son did the right thing. If this boy can manage to pull him out from the jealousy and hatred which my brother filled in his mind, then no one will be happier than me.' 

Later Duryodhana took Karna to the arena where the warriors were practicing. Then suddenly a servant called Duryodhana and he left Karna there. Karna was watching the practice suddenly someone called him, it was Bheem, 'Well well look who is here? The great warrior of Hastinapur.' Bheem taunted. Actually, the Pandavas, except Yudhishtir were still angry at Karna for defeating Arjun. Yudhishthir though thought that Karna did an Adharm by learning Astravidya (Yudhishtir followed everything written on books blindly never interpreting the true meaning, so according to him caste system is good and Brahmins and Kshatriyas are superiors)but still did not want to disrespect him. But others especially Bheem was almost ready to murder him. 

Karna, 'Pranaam Rajkumar Bheem. Good to see you. How is your brother Arjun?'

Bheem (angrily), 'Don't try to act smart okay. I know what your intention is.'

Karna (smiling), 'What are my intentions Prince Bheem, please enlighten me?'

Bheem, 'I know it is the conspiracy of Duryodhana. He brought you here to humiliate us....Ha. But you know what, it is not so easy. Don't think you won just as you defeat Arjun. You won by cheating, otherwise, a Suta can never defeat a Kshatriya prince.'

Karna (in mind), 'Oh God spare me from these caste systems and stupid hypothesis against us'. (aloud), 'Prince Bheem, I never cheated. During the tournament all the elders were present and they saw how I won. But yes, Prince Arjun is a great warrior and one of the best archers. I am honored to have a contest with him. But the truth is Prince Arjun is a great archer because of his talent, not because of his birth status. One's caste has nothing to do with their skills.'

Yudhishtir, 'Anuj Bheem you shall not disrespect anyone, as he did not cheat in the tournament. But Karna, you shall not use the bow again as it is adharma. I know you like archery but you shall not go against the law again.'

Then Shakuni came there. Shakuni, 'Why Pandavputras, are you afraid that Karna will defeat you again? And Yudhishtir do you think you know dharma better than Lord Parshuram? If it is Adharm then the Avatar of Vishnu never trained Karna for it.' He said slyly.

Bheem (shouting), He will defeat us? Ha... a petty Sutputra will defeat us? He just won by chance. I am sure that he received training by deceiving Lord Parshuram as well. He is just an arrogant, greedy man trying to please Duryodhana for money and fame. In fact, I think it is his parent's shortcomings that they did not give him a proper lesson.'

Karna, (angrily roared) 'Don't you dare drag my parents in this Bheem I am warning you.' Karna was so angry that his radiance increased. It looked like a ring of fire was formed around him.