Aswatthama's mistake

Note- Aswatthama is not an Avatar of Lord Shiva in this story

Note- Aswatthama is not an Avatar of Lord Shiva in this story. He is a good archer but not very good. Here he is greedy, ambitious and selfish. If you are an Aswatthama fan, sorry to disappoint you as Aswatthama is going to be another antagonist in this story. 

The next day in the early morning Aswatthama went to the place he chose to test Brahmmastra. H stood by the bank of the river and chanted the mantras to evoke Brahmmastra. Then Brahmmastra appeared and Aswatthama launched the weapon towards the river. The weapon was so powerful that he himself was shaking. When the weapon was shot at river Ganga, he tried to return it back. But he failed. The weapon was completely out of control and its effect started creating destruction to the river as well as to nearby places. The water started drying up, fishes and other aquatic animals were dying. The shockwave created an earthquake which shook the land and the wave reached Karna's village as well.

Karna was doing his morning prayers like every day. Suddenly he felt a burst of energy. Being an expert he easily recognized the effects of Brahmmastra. He concentrated his mind and identify the location of the weapon. So he ran towards it and when he reached that place, he saw Aswatthama laid down on the ground and the entire area was shaking. Karna was also shocked to see the condition of Ganga. So he used his Guru's teaching to nullify the effect. As a master of all weapons, he was able to stop the Brahmmastra quickly. Then he went near Aswatthama.

Aswatthama's POV,

 'When the ground started shaking I laid on the ground. I know the weapon is too powerful for me and I cannot control it. I can feel the temperature is rising. I thought that I was going to die but suddenly everything was stopped. I looked up and then I saw a young man standing in front of me. He is one of the most handsome men I have ever seen in my life. But the man looks very angry. He comes near me and says, "How dare you evoke Brahmmastra without knowing how to control it? Don't you know it is forbidden to test this weapon without making oneself properly trained? If I did not nullify its effect do you have any idea what will happen then? The entire city will be destroyed." 

Before I comprehended everything that happened, his words struck my head " If I did not nullify its effect". How did he do that? He stopped Brhammastra. How is it even possible? I looked at him again. He dressed in a simple dhoti and white angvastra. But he has a unique radiance. Before I asked him anything, he helped me to stand and asked again. "Does your father Guru Drona knows about your foolish act? I don't think so but can you return back to the palace by yourself or you need my help?" I just shook my head no as I have my chariot and I can manage back home. Then the mysterious man again said, "These celestial weapons are not something to play with, prepare yourself properly and then try to even think about them. Otherwise I have to do something that you won't like." Then he turned to go back.' POV end.

Karna (thinking), 'Just can't believe it. How could the son of Dronachraya be so stupid? Oh, God! Mata Ganga, I almost forgot about her. Her condition is very bad. I need to do something.' Suddenly he heard Aswatthama calling him, 'Hey you....How dare you talk to me like that. Do you know who I am? BTW you looked like a villager, how do you know about celestial weapons and most importantly how did you manage to control it?'