Digvijaya (II)

The army of Hastinapura reached the Panchal border. Listening to the news Drupad was furious. He already wanted to take revenge on his daughter's honor but he waited as he knew that attacking Hastinapur without Pandavas would be a grave mistake. Sometimes he thought that his decision to marry his daughter to Arjun was also a mistake, 'Those who cannot protect their own wife, how could they help me in getting my revenge?' But now the army of Hastinapur was here. He also came to know from his spies that the Karna whom his daughter insulted was none other than the eldest brother of Pandavas and he was the one who protected his daughter. And now he had come to attack Panchal along with a huge army. Drupad called his generals, Dhrishtadyumna and Shakandini to plan strategies.

Dhrishtadyumna, 'Pitashri, we have more infantry than Hastinapur as from our information we know that Hastinapur still had enough soldiers in their borders and in the capitol. That means they don't bring enough soldiers to attack us.'

Shikhandini, 'But Yuvraj Duryodhana is not a fool to bring less number of soldiers. We need to know from where do they bring this army and what's the number?'

Drupad, 'Shikhandini you are thinking much. We are ready for the attack. Once we capture the Yuvraj, then Bheesm will come and you will get your revenge.'

On the battlefield,

Both the armies were ready in front of each other. Both of them were waiting for the commanders' orders. Drupad, 'Duryodhana, you insulted my daughter. Today I will take my revenge.'

Karna, 'Maharaj, first you have to cross me to reach to the yuvraj.'

Drupad ordered his army to form a Vyuh.

Shakuni, 'What kind of Vyuh is that? I have never seen such a weird vyuh.'

Karna smiled, 'So you are making naag Vyuh, okay I have a perfect strategy to break it

Karna smiled, 'So you are making naag Vyuh, okay I have a perfect strategy to break it.'

Karna ordered, 'Shyena-vyuh'

Then they ordered the respective armies to attack

Then they ordered the respective armies to attack. The Shyena or Gadud vyuh destroyed Drupad's vyuh formation completely. Shakhandini tried to attack Duryodhana. Karna was busy in fighting with Drupad and in the meantime, both Shikhandini and Duryodhana were engaged in a fierce duel.