Dice game (II)

Every citizen of Hastinapur was agitated. What was in the name of God happening in the palace? Normally the common people did not show any interest in royal matters as long as it did not affect them. But today the incident shook them to the core. How could their crown prince be so cruel and how could Samrat Yudhistir be so stupid?

In Karna's village, Karna stood helplessly in front of his mothers. He could not disobey Radhama who loved him like his own son. While Kunti and his blood brothers... though they were not on good terms but it was his duty to protect them. He gave his words to Lord Mahadev. For the first time in his life, he was feeling vulnerable. 'Hey Pravu Mahadev, Narayan, please do something?' He cried. 

Kunti was heartbroken as she understood that Radha would never allow Karna to help her. So she rushed back to the palace. She ran to the palace and somehow entered the hall. The scene shattered her heart. Bheem tried to protest but it was against the law for the slaves to say anything back to their masters. Durmukh, one of the Kauravs was beating Nakul, Sahadev, Arjun and Bheem mercilessly. Yudhistir was sitting there helplessly as he could not do anything to save them. Kunti cried and pleaded to everyone to save them but everyone was bound by the law. Her sons were warriors, they could endure the pain. But the utter humiliation they were facing today was destroying their soul. Kunti remembered the cry of the servant's mother who cursed her, 'one day your sons will turn into slaves. You have to see your sons humiliated but cannot do anything and then you will understand the pain of a mother'. 

She could not stand the scene anymore so she fainted.

Karna's village

Both Adhirath and Avni were pleading with Radha to give Karna permission to go to the palace. Then suddenly they saw a royal chariot was coming and they were shocked to see Bhanumati was coming towards them.

Bhanumati, 'Bhrata, please don't waste time. Samrat Yudhistir lost himself and he was going to stake Jiji Draupadi. Bhrata you know what will happen if he lost this game? Please Bhrata don't stand like a statue. I know you can never see a woman in danger.'

Now Karna could not stand anymore. He sat on his knee in front of Radha and begged, 'Radhama please don't stop me now. It's a question of a woman's honor. Mata, I am begging you. I never asked anything from you but today I am requesting you. Please let me go.'

Avni could stand this anymore. She caught Radha's hand and said, 'Radhama please imagine me or Laxmi or Roopmati in Draupadi's place. Will you stop Arya then, if we are the one in danger instead of Draupadi? Mata, please give him the permission, otherwise, he will never forgive himself for his entire life.'

Radha was also perplexed. a husband staked his wife. How could anyone do such a heinous act? Suddenly she realized Avni's words. She was also a mother of a daughter. If it was her daughter in danger? She never liked Draupadi for her arrogance but it was a matter of her respect. No, she was a woman and she would never tolerate this. Making her heart strong for anything he ordered Karna, 'Karna go and stop this madness. Do whatever you can but save the girl. I am giving you permission...Now go.'

Karna jumped on his horse and summoned his Surya Dhanush and rushed to the palace. Adhirath also ran behind him with a chariot along with Shon and some other villagers and Avni. Reaching the palace Karna and Bhanumati entered but the guards did not allow others to enter. Seeing this Avni got suspicious.'They allowed Arya to enter. They know that he will stop this game but still, they did not try to stop him from entering...Why? Did the king or prince not asked them to stop anyone with a weapon to enter the hall. Something is not right. Arya was allowed to enter only when....Oh No! Avni screamed. 'It's a trap!' What Bhabishri?' Shon asked, 'It's a trap for Arya, they want him to go to them. That's why the guards did not stop him. They must have prepared something to trap him.'