Virat War (III)

Virat Palace, Queen Sudeshna's room,

Queen Sudeshna could not sleep for the last few days. Everything was getting so confusing day by day. First King Virat's charioteer was missing for some time. Then the spies informed the king that Hastinapur's army which was just 4 days away from the Matsya border, suddenly disappeared in thin air. Now 2 days later the spies reported that Hastinapur's army was quite far away from the border and would take more time to reach there. Now again, the royal court entertainer, royal cook and two of the servants who were working on the stable and dairy farm were also missing. Everyone was suspecting that those were the spies sent by Hastinapur and they now fled away as the war was approaching. 

'My queen,' queen came out from her thought. Sairindhri, her personal maid called her. 'Why are you so tensed?'

Sudeshna, 'Sairindhri, I am really scared. Maharaj went to the border with the soldiers. Hastinapur brought a huge army and in comparison to that, we have nothing. And some of the spies were also staying here in the palace with us. Oh God! I cannot believe it. Those spies were here and we did not know anything.'

Sairindhri, 'Maharani, don't worry. You cannot understand their disappearance, that does not mean they are harmful. Believe in me, everything will be alright.'

Four days later,

King Virat was facing the huge army of Hastinapur. Though it seemed impossible for Virat's soldiers to win but king Virat was confident. He again got information from the mysterious well-wishers that Hastinapur's army was tired and still due to Yuvraj Dusshasshan's insistence the soldiers were ready to fight without delay. So king Virat if could manage to use proper strategies, there was a good chance of winning. King Virat's commander in chief was at first skeptical about the secret letter but from their spies, they also got the same information. No both the armies were ready to start the war. With the blowing of conch both the armies rushed towards each other. 

Though Virat army fought valiantly but Hastinapur's army though tired but had an upper hand as they have more soldiers. They also had great warriors like Aswatthama and Yuyutsu. Aswatthama launched many divine weapons which created havoc on the Virat army. King Virat's charioteer was also killed.

While a little away from the battlefield on the top of a hill five figures were standing. One of them said, 'Jyasht, I think we need to intervene. Matsya army cannot win against them.'

Another man who was huge said, 'I am worried about the palace and the common citizens. Dusshasshan and Vikarna will attack them with Shakuni Mama.'

One short man said, 'Don't worry anuj. Thanks to your son that we got the news early and prepared ourselves. Avni and Arjun was there. Dusshasshan attacked the palace with fewer soldiers, Avni and Arjun are enough for them. But for now, we need to go to the warzone. Come on.'

The five figures jumped from the cliff and rushed towards the battlefield. King Virat fell from his chariot, he was almost sure that he was going to die. He closed his eye to remember his family for the last time and to get ready for the fatal blow. But the blow did not come. Instead, he heard a loud crashing noise. Opening his eyes he saw a glowing arrow came in front of him and covered a protective barrier around him. Looking behind he saw...his old charioteer was standing behind him with a bow. Beside him, he saw all the missing persons whom he thought as the spies of Hastinapur as they were all missing from his kingdom. Before he could comprehend anything, suddenly he saw a glow of light and in front of his eyes and the man's appearance changed. In front of him, instead of a short, fatty, old man, there was a tall, muscular young man with radiance like a God. The other four also raised their weapons and charged towards the army. 

Then the entire scenario of the war was changed completely. The five warriors fought like mighty lions, in front of which the army of Hastinapur could not stand. The radiant young man stood in front of King Virat and started dueling with Aswatthama. Both of them fought courageously but the young man was more capable than Dronputra himself. His arrows at last disarmed  Aswatthama. The young Panchalraj ran away from the battlefield to save his life. While another unknown warrior who seemed to have strength like 1000 elephants killed many Kaurava princes with his mace. He charged towards them like a mad bull and just seeing him many soldiers ran away for their life. Others also used spear, sword and axe and destroyed most of the army. At last, the war was over and Matsya's army was victorious.