Tournament

The entire city of Hastinapur was decorated for the upcoming competition among the Kuru prince's tournament. Everyone was eager to see the performances of their princes. Karna's two younger brothers were also very excited, so Karna took his parents' permission and together they went to see the tournament.

Hastinapur Palace

Shakuni to Duruadhan, 'Bhanje, you need to defeat all the Pandavas to show that there is no one capable more than you to be the king of Hastinapur.'

Duryadhan, 'Yes mamashri, today I will not only take revenge from all those Pandavas but will show Pitamaha, Guru Dron. Mahamantri Vidura and Kripacharya that I am the best. The elders always think that Pandavas are good and we Kauravas are nothing. Today I will show them who's the boss here.'

Shakuni (thinking), 'Bheesm you made my work easier. You always ignored my nephews and gave all your attention to those Pandavas. All I need is to use Duryadhan's insecurities and fill his mind with poison against all of you. Yours and Drona's blind faith in the Pandavas and neglect towards Kauravs will be the downfall of the Kuru Dynasty. Just wait and watch.'

He looked at the dices he made with his father's bone and thought, 'Don't worry Pitashree, I am not going to rest until I destroy this Kuru clan. Either my nephew will sit on the throne or my sons will. But I will definitely avenge my sister and my family.'

Arena

The Kuru price's entered the arena. They were introduced to the audience and then Pitamah Bheesm announced the rules. It was a friendly tournament just to show off their talents and no one was allowed to injure others badly. Kulguru Kripacharya did shankhanaad to start the match.

The first match was between Yudhisthir and Yuyutsu. Both of them were masters in spear fights. Karna himself was a skilled warrior in spear, so he was watching everything to understand his brothers' strength and weakness. Both of them were very good and the match was a tie. Then several other Kauravas fought with Yudhisthir, then came Durmukh. Durmukh fought well but he did not follow the rules properly and tried to hit Yudhistir. Yudhisthir was already tired because of the previous fights and then suddenly Durmukh attacked him from behind and he fell. Though it was against the rules but Durmukh was announced as the winner.

Karna (thinking), 'King Dhritarashtra was shamelessly biased towards his son. Hmm.. interesting. But I will say Yudhishtir though a Dharmvaan person but still not very clever. A king shall be ready for attackers from all sides. Well, brother, royal politics is not played according to Dharam. Following rules blindly will make you a fool.'

Then Nakul and Sahadev also fought with different other princes. Karna could easily notice the tension between Kauravas and Pandavas. 

Karna (thinking), 'I am smelling a nasty dispute between the brothers. This fight will create a huge impact unless they checked themselves on time.'

Then came Bheem and Duryadhan. Both of them were glaring at each other. Then the mace fight started. Both of them fighting like two mad bulls.

Karna (thinking), 'Hmm... both of them are using raw powers instead of strategy. It seems that they really hate each other.'

The fight became so intense that guru Drona had to interfere to stop them. Then came Arjun. Now Karna was also excited. He heard that Guru Dron always claimed Arjun as the best Archer in the world, so he was also interested to see his skills.

Arjun came to the arena and 25 Kaurav brothers along with Duryadhan and Dusshasan surrounded him. First, they threw weapons on Arjun but Arjun easily dodged them, then he released naagpash to bind some of them. Dusshasan tried to hit him with a sword but Arjun released a powerful arrow to break the sword. Arjun also released Vayu astra, agni astra and himastra to disarm the Kauravas. Then Duryodhana attacked him with his mace, but Arjun released Sahastravan which divided into 100 arrows to form a cage and trapped Duryadhan inside. Drona was so elated that he announced Arjun the winner.

Drona, 'I told everyone that Arjun is the greatest archer and no one can defeat him. There is no one in this world who can stand in front of him. After all, I am his guru. In fact, I am the greatest teacher of all who trained him.'

Bheesm (thinking), 'Guru Drona one day your pride will be our downfall.' 

Karna (thinking),' Guru Drona, a man's one of the greatest enemies is his own ego. In your vanity, you even forget your own teacher, Lord  Parshuram. I know Arjun is good and I am proud of him but there is nothing called best. Today you insulted all the teachers and Archers in this world. If I want, I can break your blind faith in yourself right now. But my teacher taught me not to show off my talent for fame and glory but to help others. So, today I am sparing you but one day I will crush your pride.'   

Krishna, 'Suryaputra, very soon you will have your chance to show him how wrong he is

Krishna, 'Suryaputra, very soon you will have your chance to show him how wrong he is.'

Lord Parshuram, 'Drona, your behavior insulted all the teachers in the world. Just wait, my biggest weapon is coming.'

Note- In this story, the Pandavas are also a little egoistic because of their princely upbringing but soon they will learn humility from Krishna and Karna. And Duryodhana is not completely evil. He is just misguided.