Draupadi's decision

Draupadi saw the two young men stood in front of her. She was confused. One is a Brahmin and she knew one should always respect Brahmins. But next to him a person who has a radiant aura around him. He had simple clothes but looked more elegant than the kings with their royal jewels and clothes. The Brahmin Kumar was also very good-looking but Karna was different. In fact, Draupadi never saw such a handsome man in her life before except for Krishna. The Brahmin looked a little agitated as if he was tensed about the competition. But the other man had a calm smile as if he was just waiting for Draupadi's decision. Draupadi thought, 'OH Lord Mahadev, what am I supposed to do?' She was torn between her heart and brain. 

Lord Mahadev, 'Putri choose wisely. You did a hard penance for the boon. Don't waste it.'

Draupadi closed her eyes. Then she made up her mind and took the garland and....placed it on Arjuna's neck. 

Seeing this Duryadhona was angry. He roared, 'This is injustice. Maharaj Drupad, Karna not only hit the eye of the fish but he also broke this Brahmins arrow. He is better than the Brahmin.'

Then Draupadi became angry at the accusation on her father. She screamed, 'There is no injustice. Even if he won the competition, I am not going to marry a Sutputra. My father's reputation is more important to me. Winning the competition does not make this petty Sutputra eligible to be my husband. How dare he even think of getting my hand in marriage?' Draupadi never insulted anyone in her life but all this mental stress exhausted her and her father's pressure caused this outburst.  

All Kauravas were angry as well, but Karna asked them to stop. Then he said in a calm voice, 'There is no injustice. Rajkumari has full right to choose her life partner. Rajkumari, even if I won the completion it is ultimately your decision to whom you will marry. But let me clear one thing. Today a Sutputra showed you that he is no less than a Brahmin or Kshatriya.  So please in the future don't think us Suta's weak.' 

Saying that he left the place. Draupadi was also felt sad as she did not want to insult him. She wanted to apologize but then her royal ego came in between, 'Why should I apologize? I am Yagnaseni Draupadi and I said what my father taught me. But this man is also weird. He should have fight for me. He should have protested, but he left just like a coward.'

Krishna (in mind), 'Sakhi, he is not a coward, he left because he does not want to create a scene in this auspicious ceremony. He knew that in a marriage the bride's consent is most important. He is a true man who will never force himself on a woman who is not willing. But I am scared for you. Today you failed to recognize the one meant for you. But Mahadev's boon can never be wasted. So let's see what awaits for you.'  

Kulguru Garga started the marriage ceremony. King Drupad did Draupadi's kanyadaan. He was sad that his daughter was going to a poor Brahmin's house but he also happy that the Brahmin was a skilled archer. After the ceremony, Arjun took Draupadi to his house. While returning Bheem said to Nakul, 'I am very happy today. My younger brother got the most beautiful woman in the world as his bride and also that Karna was humiliated in front of everyone. Draupadi showed the Sutputra his true place.' Listening to this Yudhishtir said, 'Bheem you should not say that. Karna saved us from Lakshagriha. He is also the true winner. We should not insult anyone like this.'

Nakul, 'But Jyasht, everybody should stay in their limit. I also agree with Bhrata Bheem. I know that Sutputra helped us but that does not mean he is equal to us.'

Then they reached their hut.  Sahadev jockingly said, 'Mata look what Bhiksha we got today.'

Kunti absent-mindedly said, 'Whatever you got, divide it among yourself.'

Yudhishtir, 'What, Mata what did you say? Please look at what we got.'

Then Kunti saw Draupadi and she realized her mistake. Then Yudhishtir said, 'No worries Mata, let Arjun marry her. We will all take sannyas as it is your order and it is our Dharma that we cannot disobey you.'Listening to this all other Pandavas were tensed.